8 min Video Tour of Adonia

LibraLass41

Excellent video, she does seem in a different class that the rest of the fleet. Am I right in thinking a bit more upmarket? Chinsy springs to mind and I bet the ship will be a bit of a quite zone after 11:00pm everybody will be in bed as the age on that cruise looked into the retired cliental. Good that all ships do cater for each individuals.

The ''Sorento'' resturant is where they gave us lunch.. I do think i would be in there every day to get a way from all the dark wood.. It was lovely in there. Even if you arent eating in there you can use the bar there at night.

The ships interior colour wise and decoration wise seemed rather dated. I'm assuming that's the look they were after the tradtional dark wooden pannels and chinsy carpets and curtains. I would and do like clean lines, neutral colours with splashs of bold colour highlights, there seemed to be way too much going on in the colour/decoration/furnishing stakes.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the video - we were thinking about the Adonia but seeing the video tour has persuaded us that is not quite right or us! A little too olde worlde for us - and I wouldn't have know this if the video hadn't been posted.

Thanks for the video - we were thinking about the Adonia but seeing the video tour has persuaded us that is not quite right or us! A little too olde worlde for us - and I wouldn't have know this if the video hadn't been posted.

I had already looked at this on youtube earlier today (without seeing the link on here). I had been considering booking the 22.11.11 on her, but as Caroden i don't think she is right for us either, looked to us old fashioned. I am sure other will love her though.

Sue, thank you for posting the link and Albert (?) thank you for filming the video. I found it attractive and informative.

I think it's interesting what the different lines are doing with the former R ships. They are now being operated by Oceania, Azamara, Princess and P&O. I get a feeling that the cruise experience between being on, say, one of the Azamara pair and Adonia would be very different. Since the hardware is (pretty much) identical, this suggests that the differences will be in the software: the owning line's policies, marketing, etc.

Not necessarily better or worse, just different....

Archived