First RCCL cruise!!!!Enchantment of the Seas -12 night Southern Caribbean from Balt.

HI all!

What can I expect that differs from other lines?

Even tho we're sailing next Feb the ship is almost sold out, only int cabins are shown as available! Is this common for RCCL?

Can you get Future cruise creds for next cruise on board?

Other than Oasis, what ship would you suggest for our next cruise?

How is the cost savings as a "past guest" compare to other lines?

Any other info would be helpful!:)

Thanks!

Mike and Wendy

I see you have been very loyal to Carnival, we took our very first cruise on Carnival and thought at the time it was the most amazing thing ever. But I would have to say the RCCL has become our favorite line even more than Disney. We love the variety of ships and all that each has to offer. RCCL is definitely a step up from Carnival if you ask me. Some will argue the food has gone down in quality a bit in the main dining room but for us we have really never had a bad meal and have been extremely pleased with everything we have had. I love the specialty restaurants so very much, the food and service is beyond excellent!! I love all the activites that RCCL has to offer and they are constantly updating and renewing their services and ships to maintain them and compete with what the other lines are doing in the industry. For us, we LOVE the larger ships because of all their is to do and for me....I love the royal promenade its my most favorite place to go outside of Central Park on the Oasis/Allure ships--where that local is my sanctuary and first love, ahhhh!! As for next ship, I would go larger but then that's just me. We are venturing out with our next cruise to our lowest tonnage ship on the Serenade of Seas to Europe next year but from all I hear, it is just as beautiful and every bit as spectacular as the rest of the RCCL fleet and we can't wait. I think once you cruise with RCCL you will NEVER go back to Carnival. TO me, it has to much of a flashy and vegas type feel. I love the decor and feel of a RCCL ship and I always will. Good luck and please come back and let us know how it was and what your experience was. I know we would all love to know. Have a great cruise!!!!!

HI all!

Even tho we're sailing next Feb the ship is almost sold out, only int cabins are shown as available! Is this common for RCCL?

Thanks!

Mike and Wendy

Oh I did forget to mention RCCL loyalty program is by far the best out there with regards to all other lines we have sailed with. You get so much more and once you cruise, sign up for their loyalty program which is Crown and Anchor and begin saving your points...once you become platinum you will earn a discount credit for a balcony stateroom on your next cruise. I urge you to check this out on their website for further information. And yes, you can get future cruise credit while on your cruise, see the loyatly ambassador while on your Enchantment cruise and good luck!!

HI all!

Thanks!

Mike and Wendy

Freedom or Liberty or a Voyager class.

Oh I did forget to mention RCCL loyalty program is by far the best out there with regards to all other lines we have sailed with. You get so much more and once you cruise, sign up for their loyalty program which is Crown and Anchor and begin saving your points...once you become platinum you will earn a discount credit for a balcony stateroom on your next cruise. I urge you to check this out on their website for further information. And yes, you can get future cruise credit while on your cruise, see the loyatly ambassador while on your Enchantment cruise and good luck!!

Thanks for all the responses...

BTW: How does one "begin saving points"?

Mike

Thanks for all the responses...

BTW: How does one "begin saving points"?

Mike

First you have to be a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. You can sign up on board during your fist cruise.

You earn 1 point for each night sailed and double points if you have paid for and are booked in a JS or above cabin category.

Here is the link to the C&A Member's Benefits Page http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do which will give you an idea of how many points are needed to reach each level and what each level in C&A gets you in the way of rewards and benefits.

...Other than Oasis, what ship would you suggest for our next cruise?...

Any ship with an ice rink ("Studio B"). This is Voyager class and higher. Just look at the deck plans for deck 3 and see if there is a Studio B.

HI all!

Rock walls, golf sims, and a good family atmosphere. Where Disney tries to get you to buy stuff for the kids, Royal will push the jewelry, shopping, art deals (not!) and photos. Night life is a little more boisterous then Princess. Shows have typically been pretty good. A lot less smokey then a Carnival ships, and no smoking in rooms either so less likely to have that stale stench in the air (NCL and Carnival let you).

Long cruise that has been on sale for a while, going out of a northern port - you will get a lot of families who like it, myself included. Yes, I see the trend. Try some bigger travel agents like the one you can get newsletters from here on Cruise Critic to see if they still have cabins they blocked.

yes.

Look at the Freedom or the Adventure of the Seas for larger boats. I love sailing out of San Juan, spend a few extra days at a resort before sailing. Southern Caribbean is great. Allure and Oasis are a little pricier, but you get some cool features. Many on here can probable tell you a little more about that class.

We had a fantastic trip on the Enchantement over last new year. Loved Baltimore and Washington too...

Ship is small but perfectly formed! There were only very few improvements i would suggest and all are fairly trivial like flat screen tvs in stateroom, not that we watched much the current sets just take up too much room. We are hoping to book another trip on her for Easter holidays 2013.

If you are travelling with family I hope you discover sooner than us that ice-cream is free self serve on the pool deck, we did a fortune in Ben and jerrys in the first few days.

Archived