Passion Island.

BigDfromTN

We are going to Coz in July and looking at the Passion Island via Cat.

A couple of questions for those who have been there.

1. How far is it from where they drop you off to the bars and beach chairs.

2. How far of a walk is it from chairs with shade to the "free" bar, and then from those chairs to the water?

TIA,

Don

It's a short walk to the central area from where you arrive on the island. The central area has the cabana where the food buffet and free beverages are. From this area it is another short walk to get to the beach area whic is fairly large. It is maybe 100 from the tree line to the waters edge, there are plenty of chairs, hammocks in the tree line area. It is a nice place to go for relaxation.

We have been twice, never on the Cat. we use the "Twister" boat. We're considering the cat this time just for a change. We love the beach. The food is very good (and the best guack.). The drinks are good they have run out of liquor every time, so if you want it drink fast. We try to stick w beer. There are shops there but nothing you cant find at the pier.

Have fun!

Debi.

It's a short walk to the central area from where you arrive on the island. The central area has the cabana where the food buffet and free beverages are. From this area it is another short walk to get to the beach area whic is fairly large. It is maybe 100 from the tree line to the waters edge, there are plenty of chairs, hammocks in the tree line area. It is a nice place to go for relaxation.

Thanks, That is just the info I was looking for.

We have been twice, never on the Cat. we use the "Twister" boat. We're considering the cat this time just for a change. We love the beach. The food is very good (and the best guack.). The drinks are good they have run out of liquor every time, so if you want it drink fast. We try to stick w beer. There are shops there but nothing you cant find at the pier.

Have fun!

Debi.

Thanks, RAN OUT OF LIQOUR:confused::o:(. Guess I will rethink visiting there!

We just returned from there and it was by far the best excursion we have been on. The food was awseome the drinks although small were free flowing. Although they did try to card my sons girlfriend. They said the drinking age was 21??? She is 23 so that was not the issue but it was a bit of a hassel. We did get a waiter to bring us drinks on the beach and gave him a nice tip!

We just returned from there and it was by far the best excursion we have been on. The food was awseome the drinks although small were free flowing. Although they did try to card my sons girlfriend. They said the drinking age was 21??? She is 23 so that was not the issue but it was a bit of a hassel. We did get a waiter to bring us drinks on the beach and gave him a nice tip!

Thanks for the update!

Did you experience any running out of liqour? Its hard to believe they would do that.

Have fun!

Debi.

Debi, are you booking the Cat to Passion Island through Carnival or independent?

Thanks!

Chris

The cat. takes an hour each way, from dock to sand.

This place was dreadful. The mexican buffet was ok.

Save your money.

Hit a bar and restaurant in town for better food and drink.

I was there on the valor, 6-26-11 cruise.

Oh, frozen drinks were an extra charge.

The cat. takes an hour each way, from dock to sand.

This place was dreadful. The mexican buffet was ok.

Save your money.

Hit a bar and restaurant in town for better food and drink.

I was there on the valor, 6-26-11 cruise.

Oh, frozen drinks were an extra charge.

Hour on a Cat in the Caribbean sounds nice!

Did you book it through your cruise ship or with an independent?

Throughn the ship.

The catarmaran was likr e a bus.

A two deck shuttle, sort of like the tenders at G. Cayman, no the same as the tenders at G. Cayman.

Nothing to do for that hour except wait to get to the beach.

No beverages, no music, only chat with the others in the mob.

Don't mix up passion island with paradise beach.

We just went to Passion Island on Saturday. We were very unimpressed. The "authentic Mexican buffet" was pitiful...lettuce, a couple of salad dressings, fruit, mahi mahi, bbq chicken legs, rice, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, chips, salsa, guacamole and baklava. I think they use the term authentic and mexican way too loosely when describing this buffet! We do not regret going because if we had not done this excursion, we would be left wondering what we were missing out on. However, we now know that we weren't missing out on anything!

I thought the food was really good, I agree it really wasn't a mexican buffet but the fish and chicken were great. The beach was so pretty. I could have stayed longer but we had about 4 hours maybe less. The bars were not real close to the beach so we had a waiter just bring a drinks every 10-15 min and gave him a nice tip!

Archived