Kids Club Tipping

edbro

With all these tipping threads there is one area I still have a question about. Am I expected to tip the staff in the Kid's Club? I see they have a fee for after hours but should I tip if we don't use the after hours? If so, when/how do you tip? After every pickup? End of cruise?

My opinion only but you have to ask yourself, Did these people provide a service that allowed me and my children to have an enjoyable vacation?

If the answer is YES, then a gratutity would be appropriate. The amount would depend on, how many kids you have, how many days the kids were in the Kids Club, and how many days was the cruise.

My thought process would be at a minimum $10 per day per child as a starting point. The only cheaper daycare person is Grandma and Grandpa :D in the real world. Vacation time shouldn't be any different.

As far as to whom to pay,,, I'd speak with the lead camp counselor for advice as to how to seperate the gratuities.

With all these tipping threads there is one area I still have a question about. Am I expected to tip the staff in the Kid's Club? I see they have a fee for after hours but should I tip if we don't use the after hours? If so, when/how do you tip? After every pickup? End of cruise?

I think if your children use the Kid's Club during the normal hours, you are probably expected to tip. Obviously, that is totally up to you. My kids had a great time in the Kid's Club, and we thought the staff was really good with them.

We just picked up an envelope the last night of our cruise and gave it to the staff on the final pickup. I think we gave about $30 for two of our kids who spent only a couple hours a day for probably five of the cruise days. My thought was that we would pay a babysitter $10 an hour at home. If I figure my kids were at the Kid's Club for 3 hours a day for 5 days, that would be $150. 20% of that is $30.

This has all just recently changed. If you use the after 10pm services or late night "parties" tips are REQUIRED.

The new rates for after 10 are $6.75 per hour PLUS 15% gratuity for EACH child. No more discounts for multiple kids. The late night parties have a flat fee. The 6-8 yr old party is around $20 plus 15% gratuity. The 9-11 yr old party was around $33 plus 15% gratuity.

So you will be tipping automatically in certain circumstances.

Added this from carnival:

WHAT IS OFFERED NIGHTLY BY NIGHT OWLS:

What are the hours of Operation? 10:00pm-3:00am (every day of the week); What ages can participate? All kids age 6 months to 11 years of age; What is the price? $6.75 per hour plus 15% gratuity per child; What is offered at Night Owls? Options to play video games, watch movies, play with toys, enjoy snacks from room services, pillow and blanket available for the kids to sleep on etc.

Owl Jams: What ages can participate? 2-5 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-12:00am(1 designated night per cruise); What is the cost? $13.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included); Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Fun ‘Til One: What ages can participate? 6-8 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-1:00am(1 designated night per cruise); What is the cost? $20.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included); Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Fun at Sea… ‘Til 3:00: What ages can participate? 9-11 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-3:00am; What is the cost? $33.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included);Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

My opinion only but you have to ask yourself, Did these people provide a service that allowed me and my children to have an enjoyable vacation? Then all the passengers without kids should tip the camp staff also.

If the answer is YES, then a gratutity would be appropriate. The amount would depend on, how many kids you have, how many days the kids were in the Kids Club, and how many days was the cruise.

My thought process would be at a minimum $10 per day per child as a starting point. $70.00 per kid for a 7 day cruise, wow. The only cheaper daycare person is Grandma and Grandpa :D in the real world. Vacation time shouldn't be any different.

As far as to whom to pay,,, I'd speak with the lead camp counselor for advice as to how to seperate the gratuities.

Wow

On our first cruise when our teen used the Club 02, we tipped because those "counselors" were AWESOME!!!! We tipped $50. No they did not need babysitting, but the staff was great at keeping the kids entertained! They were not in the club the entire time, but when they used it, they felt like it was a special place to go hang out and be with the other kids. No one is cool like the Club 02 staff!!

Archived