Review of the Allure of the Seas

apollobeach

will be cruising on Allure this August. was considering Samba Grill since I love Brazilian Steakhouses and have done Chops on Oasis and Freedom already.

my only question about Samba Grill is, how is the environment with it being inside the Solarium? Is it warm/hot or air-conditioned at all?

thank you in advance!

Miss you!!!! Thought my cruising days over BUT!!!! My 89 yo uncle and his sister 87 yo auntie, my Dad's brother and sister are going on a cruise in August to Alaska on the Zaandam,and I asked to tag along!!! My sister is coming to take care of Mom and Joe.........Things not going well in that Dept............Anyway this was book 2 weeks ago so I am excited,we have a Suite mid ship (would I go any other way guys!!!!So room enuf for the three of us....I'll camp out on the couch.........They are so upbeat and positive.......can you contact me on my othah e-mail???? We can talk.........I am looking for some friends on this cruise our thread is not very chatty and I started it 2 weeks ago,lots of lurkers..........Hugs and smooches to you both..........Ric BTW do they serve MISO on HAL????? LOL LOL LOL Your 5 AM jogging buddy...........and concierge groupie...Nikki, from the Cape.

Hi Nikki - We don't have your "new" e-mail address - would you send it to us......either Rick - greensboro8@hotmail.com; or, John - seabri4@hotmail.com

Not sure about Miso soup on The Zaandam - maybe if you ask ;)

Hope you have a fantastic cruise - our next one is through The Canal in September.......cruising - someone has to do it!!!!!!:D

John/Rick

:p

Great review! I've only been on two cruises before ( both Royal and both in 2008) and I'm planning a trip on the Allure hopefully soon. I have Mariner of the Seas booked for this year and next! :)

Question about blowing the horn onboard... I don't want to ask you exactly how much this cost you, but would be willing to answer if you got it for under $500? i was thinking of how much I'd be willing to pay and i thought maybe $250, but I doubt that would be enough to win,lol.

Great review, partner and I along with my extended family are on Oasis in four weeks...very excited about it!! We did a family cruise last summer but only for 5 days to the western caribbean. Thanks for the info!!

pilotboy - Hate to tell you, but $250 will just not put you in the running on the auction to blow the horn.

The winning bid for blowing The Allure's horn in St. Thomas went well beyond $700; our bid to blow the horn in St. Maarten was just over $500. We were told that these are among the most sought-after auction items; another is a champagne "sail-away" on The Bridge.

One positive thing - we can write it off, we are told, on our taxes!:D

John/Rick

:p

Great review guys, we will be on board in 3 weeks an counting, 24th July and will certainly be taking your comments about the restaurants on board, pardon the pun!

We are spending a week in Barbados afterwards and are a bit worried about this as we are hearing all sorts of stories about it being anti-gay!!! Any more info on this would be greatly appreciated as we are from the other side of the world, Ireland, and have spent a lot of time in Europe and not a lot in the Carribean to know where is friendly and where to avoid!

Any tips would be great.

Audrey ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived