cha cha cha cha chacha!! HC upgrade to penthouse suite from balcony

searoses

about says it all! shocked as this is out first ncl cruise and there was only the 1 balcony hc cabin available when we booked about 5 weeks ago. i was worried about having to walk the extra distance but then i realized they will come to ME!! made my busy,stressful day.

about says it all! shocked as this is out first ncl cruise and there was only the 1 balcony hc cabin available when we booked about 5 weeks ago. i was worried about having to walk the extra distance but then i realized they will come to ME!! made my busy,stressful day.

Methinks you have upsell and upgrade confused.

congratulations! Enjoy.

FWIW - I had an upsell offer too on my first NCL cruise. I had a family balcony on Epic and was upsold to courtyard villa. I think the bigger balcony room was desirable and I'm guessing because I booked so far in advance they went to me first? But I have no idea why. I'm just happy they did (but now I'm in trouble - I want a suite every time. LOL!)

Fergusonvt - she'll love it. The only bummer is she'll get a hint when you go to the suite check in at the terminal. I did the same thing on the spirit last year and my wife started asking questions when we skipped the lines and went on board with a butler. I told her I paid for the service, but we still had a regular cabin. Boy, was she floored when we walked into our ac suite.

I think your cruise is a Caribbean itinerary. You will love late afternoon on your balcony leaving port.

I hope you can keep a secret!

Fergusonvt - she'll love it. The only bummer is she'll get a hint when you go to the suite check in at the terminal. I did the same thing on the spirit last year and my wife started asking questions when we skipped the lines and went on board with a butler. I told her I paid for the service, but we still had a regular cabin. Boy, was she floored when we walked into our ac suite.

I think your cruise is a Caribbean itinerary. You will love late afternoon on your balcony leaving port.

I hope you can keep a secret!

Thanks fiftyguy except I am the she :o. I think he'll either notice it right away or won't have a clue :rolleyes:. Although getting to go onboard in the suite line might make him suspicious. On our first cruise we had a forward mini-suite and we did enjoy the port arrivals there. This will be much "suite er" to watch as we leave the ports. I hope I can keep it a secret until then!

Since I'm way too impatient to wait for the upgrade/upsell fairy I upsold myself from my aft balcony on 9 to an aft penthouse on 10. Not telling DH, can't wait to see how surprised he is.

I always love when my spouse surprises me by busting the budget! :-)

it couldn't have been more than 20 min for me! we have had a year of chaos and tragedy in our family. some "princess" time couldn't have come at a better time for us. i am going to enjoy being pampered. it will be the one and only for us as i know we won't be able to book another one. i am very happy with a balcony cabin. once you go to a balcony it is REALLY impossible to go back. seems the last few years the price gap has closed some and they aren't the wicked splurge they used to be. at this point i'd be happy to be alone with my husband on a tugboat!!LOL:D

it couldn't have been more than 20 min for me! we have had a year of chaos and tragedy in our family. some "princess" time couldn't have come at a better time for us. i am going to enjoy being pampered. it will be the one and only for us as i know we won't be able to book another one. i am very happy with a balcony cabin. once you go to a balcony it is REALLY impossible to go back. seems the last few years the price gap has closed some and they aren't the wicked splurge they used to be. at this point i'd be happy to be alone with my husband on a tugboat!!LOL:D

I hear you! This will be our first vacation since DS was born (he is 19 now) that we haven't brought him. Kinda like a second honeymoon!

Since I'm way too impatient to wait for the upgrade/upsell fairy I upsold myself from my aft balcony on 9 to an aft penthouse on 10. Not telling DH, can't wait to see how surprised he is.

That's funny I did the same thing almost. I had a mini-suite - upgraded myself to a full penthouse aft suite with large balcony. I'm not telling my DF either. should be fun.

I did the same thing as well. I went from a midship balcony on 9 to an aft (SF) Penthouse Suite on 10. My husband will be surprised!! Happy 10th anniversary to me.... I mean us!! Cant wait for August! And now Im so excited that I told my TA that I would be interested in an upsell if she got a call from NCL. Bermuda here we come!

Nora

I was cruising with Mom and Sister in a Family Suite on the Star. Got an upsell offer to a Deluxe Owner's Suite for $400.00 total and jumped at it!

Mom got her own room and bathroom. Sis and I didn't tell her until we were walking past the Family Suites on 12, I pointed them out and said that is our OLD suite. SURPRISE!

She loved it!

Archived