Emeral got new mattresses!

argenta01

The last completely new mattress we had in our stateroom I am sure they ordered from the local cement contractor. It was so hard, when you sat on the bed it was like sitting on the sidewalk. New mattresses on Princess (or at least in the past, unless they have changed them) are some of the hardest we have ever seen.

The CD is Lee Childers. Never saw him once. Not the best CD I have ever experienced.

Thanks, Argenta. We had Lee two years ago on the Star and he was awful. Sorry to hear he'll be on our Emerald cruise too. :(

The last completely new mattress we had in our stateroom I am sure they ordered from the local cement contractor. It was so hard, when you sat on the bed it was like sitting on the sidewalk. New mattresses on Princess (or at least in the past, unless they have changed them) are some of the hardest we have ever seen.

I've been on quite a few princess cruises, and really never had a problem

with the mattress.

Then, we were on Ruby last year. The mattress was like a rock,

and there was something that felt like a board running down it.

I actually pulled back the bedding to see if something had been

slipped in under the sheet.

I think Princess must buy really hard mattresses, and then wait

for their 'larger' customers to break them in for everyone.

We recently completed our first Princess cruise on the Emerald in the Baltic. Great cruise, but the beds were the worst we've experienced so far. Best way to describe them - they were hard and lumpy. Even after exhaustive excursions, I found it difficult to get a good night sleep.

Hopefully, the new mattresses will be an improvement.

I've been on quite a few princess cruises, and really never had a problem

with the mattress.

Then, we were on Ruby last year. The mattress was like a rock,

and there was something that felt like a board running down it.

I actually pulled back the bedding to see if something had been

slipped in under the sheet.

I think Princess must buy really hard mattresses, and then wait

for their 'larger' customers to break them in for everyone.

It's only been the last 3 or 4 years that we have had problems with the mattresses on princess, since they implemented the new "top of the line mattressess?". Before that we never had a problem one. I would take one of the old mattresses over the new ones in a heart beat. But as many know, we now take our own memory foam topper with us, which really makes a HUGE difference in the comfort of the bed as we can not sleep on concrete. ;)

I keep hoping that Princess gets away from the hard mattresses. Does any of the fleet have mattresses that are more the pillowtop feel?

I don't understand why Princess doesn't use the same mattresses as Carnival. My DD hasn't cruised since 2005 and she is going on her first Princess cruise. She was telling someone how wonderful the mattress was on her last cruise and I told her she was in for a big surprise on Princess.

The cruise line knows that they must start with hard mattresses, which can be remedied with soft "overlays." They cannot start with soft mattresses, because there are no hard "overlays" to remedy them.

Soft mattresses cause some of us to suffer a lot of pain or even to be unable to fall asleep. Some people would rather sleep on the floor than get "swallowed" by a mushy mattress.

It's only been the last 3 or 4 years that we have had problems with the mattresses on princess, since they implemented the new "top of the line mattressess?". Before that we never had a problem one. I would take one of the old mattresses over the new ones in a heart beat. But as many know, we now take our own memory foam topper with us, which really makes a HUGE difference in the comfort of the bed as we can not sleep on concrete. ;)

On the other hand, I had a great mattress in a mini-suite on Emerald.

I overheard the CC host telling some pax about upgraded bedding

in suites and mini-suites, and it really did seem to be true.

Because of a medical situation, I had the mini-suite alone. I have

never seen so much room. I had drawers and cabinets I didn't even

use. Before our next cruise, I think I'm going to have to discuss

with Mrs. Pablo what she usually brings along, as we NEVER have

any extra space.

The cruise line knows that they must start with hard mattresses, which can be remedied with soft "overlays." They cannot start with soft mattresses, because there are no hard "overlays" to remedy them.

Soft mattresses cause some of us to suffer a lot of pain or even to be unable to fall asleep. Some people would rather sleep on the floor than get "swallowed" by a mushy mattress.

Everyone wants firmness from springs but comfortable tops.

Archived