Has anyone been overcharged when the received their credit card bill?

Has anyone found that their credit card bill is higher than their final cabin statement? (The one that is pushed under their door the morning they leave the ship)

If so, was it easy to get the difference refunded?

Hope this hasn't happened to you, SouthWalesCruiser. We've done quite a lot of Thomson cruises and check the cc statement carefully and have never found a discrepancy. Hope yours is ok too.

We bought nothing after 8pm on the evening before we left the ship. The final bill the next morning confirmed this.

My credit card statement online this morning shows a few ££'s extra.

just e-mailed them. Thought it would be better than a telephone call as then there is a record of our contacting them.

We bought nothing after 8pm on the evening before we left the ship. The final bill the next morning confirmed this.

My credit card statement online this morning shows a few ££'s extra.

just e-mailed them. Thought it would be better than a telephone call as then there is a record of our contacting them.

Does your credit card come under some category where they (Thomson) can apply, say a 2.5% or 3% admin fee?

I don't know how these things work but beleive different cards can attract charges - may that be a possibility?

I checked mine for the last cruise and there were several charges to the credit card including £1.75 for departure date which foxed me until I realised I had opened another bottle of 'embarkation water' the day before which was not charged until after the list was posted under the cabin door. So the bill is just fine :)

Just spoke to someone from Thomson cruise team. I had my cabin statement in from of me so they could only apologise, for what is really, a quite small amount, but money is money.

They said they were going to contact the ship to get a copy of the ships statement sent to the guy I spoke to at Thomson, but he then realised it would cost more than the discrepancy of the bill.. So a cheque is in the post...apparently!

*Moral of the story - check you bill, even if your all inc. (which I was not) as it may well run to a couple of pages if you like a drink or 2, or 3, or...

Archived