Beach Shoes

rebel55

You cna pick up a decent pair at wal mart for a couple bucks. Many other places sell them. Some shoe stores (maybe Payless). And sprting good stores would have them. Try Big 5 if you have them near you.

I found them to be good quality at wal mart, I was able to buy 2 pair so I had different colors (I have no idea why lol)

LES!

Another fashion accessory that needs to go to the graveyard unless you are wearing them with flippers while you dive or snorkel.

For the beach, a good pair of flipflops. If you must have water shoes, can you carry them with you?

With flip flops you can just shake the sand right off them or hose them down. A little harder with sandals or shoes.

For those that are looking for a good hiking/water/sandal shoe and doesn't mind spending a little money you might want to check out Keen Sandals. They sell them at REI and other sporting good stores plus all over the internet. They run around 75.00 or so but they great and very comfy. The Newport H2 are perfect for water.

http://www.keenfootwear.com

Is Sears the only store that sells beach shoes? Sound like a great idea to take them on cruise excursions. Thanks

Rebel55

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=40557&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4217&cat4=3169&shop_method=pp&feat=dp28

I just bought a pair of these for our upcoming cruise, I usually wore flip-flops but always ended up getting raw skin between my toes due to all the walking off and on the ship. These are exceptionally comfortable! I wear a size 7 womens and bought a size 5 kids and they fit great (must be boys sizes?) so the largest size they have a 6 would easily fit a women's size 8 or 8.5. Just another idea, much better looking than watershoes in my opinion.

I can't wear flip flops anymore either. I like water shoes for....well...in the water! Flip flops don't work well in the water. Wearing water shoes protects my sensitive feet from rocks and other things I can bang my toes into. If I am snorkeling I don't wear them, or if I am in deep water.

I actually have a pair of water shoes that are all white. They look similar to tennis shoes. So I don't mind wearing them.

Excuse me, we are supposed to care about fashion when it comes to Water Shoes? Hello--They are worn for protection for your feet in the water. On one of our cruises, my husband did not want to wear his, ended up getting cut by a rusty piece of iron in the water and had to get a tetnus shot onboard. He never balks anymore about wearing his Water Shoes. Common sense should always win out over fashion.

Excuse me, we are supposed to care about fashion when it comes to Water Shoes? Hello--They are worn for protection for your feet in the water. On one of our cruises, my husband did not want to wear his, ended up getting cut by a rusty piece of iron in the water and had to get a tetnus shot onboard. He never balks anymore about wearing his Water Shoes. Common sense should always win out over fashion.

Yes common sense first which is why I bought the shoes and fashion second which is why i might buy a second pair.

The ones I selected I will wear in lieu of tennis shoes for most of the cruise since they are functionable and fashionable.

Don't know why you have to be such a grump about what I want to wear ...Water Shoes? Hello-- at least I'm planning on wearing them unlike some others... get a life and let me be safe and fashionable.

Maybe it's the four years you've been on the boards and no cruises to show for it?

Fred and Beth,

I won't apologize for trying to keep people safe. Some people might think that because water shoes are not "fashionable", they won't wear them, simply because someone like you tells them to wear flip flops in the water instead.

Thank you for noticing I have frequented these boards for at least four years. I'm sure that your suggestion that I "get a life" was made out of your concern for my welfare. You can rest easy, I have a wonderful life. To clear up another of your misconceptions, we cruise twice a year. Our upcoming cruise will be our 17th. I hope you feel better.

PS we are Elite on Celebrity

Now you've really confused me... the shoes I'm referring to are even safer than water shoes as they tie like tennis shoes. I am all for people being safe and fashionable. Where in the heck did you get flip flops from ????????????????

I love my water shoes from Land's End. They close with a toggle that slides, the water just drains out of them and they are as comfy as house slippers! Plus they come in many really pretty colors. I wore them on non-water shore excursions as well!

Wal-Mart under $5

Target Under $5 OK it's $4.88 or something like this.

Cheep I get two. I wear nice deck shoes on board so I have them for dinners. As soon as I am on board I change in to shorts and water shoes! I wear them the whole cruise on and off the ship. There Great! Function and Fashion it's all good! Flipflops??? In and out of the Jacuz., around the pool, walking the hot decks. Keeps the sun off the tops of my feet too! Need this for real shoes when cruise is over. Sandals allowed my feet to burn last time, never thought of sunblock on the tops of my feet? Duh!! Formal night dinner shoes were a bit un-comfortable!! I rent the dinner shoes on the ship along with the tux! I hate packing all that stuff the DW does enough!! She gets the room in the luggage I save by renting.:eek:

My family wears water shoes too (the cheap ones at Target/Walmart/KMart)........not the easiest to clean out, but they do offer great protection. My boys (teens now) go through a pair every year. After a couple of camping trips by a river they're toast (not the bottoms, but the mesh). You can tell the kids that have water shoes on; they're the ones having fun jumping the rocks in the river/creek. The kids walking gingerly are those without the shoes! LOL Anyway, we'll all be wearing ours in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay! I wear a hip pack too. Oh my:eek: !

PS.........this is all in fun. I am not offended by people who think these things are not in fashion and I hope they don't take my post the wrong way. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived