Help! Will this work? Excursion & babysitting service

Licoriceky2

Hi All,

I am hoping some experience cruisers can provide me with a few details. We are traveling on the Carnival Legend on September 18. I was told that babysitting service would be available one hour prior to arrival in port until 12:00 noon.

There is an excursion that takes place from 8:30-12:00 that does not/will not accommodate my 20mth child. My question is….the excursion goes to 12:00, so would Carnival’s child care services work for me to take this and return to the ship upon completion or are they sticklers that I have to be physically picking her up at 12:00? What would happen if the excursion ran over?

Next how and where do I book child care services in advance? Thank you all so much!

Jamie:cool:

I have no experience with this. That said, this excursion probably runs too late for you to take. I am guessing they are pretty picky about you being there at or before 12:00. Check with the youth staff when you board.

Carnival does not have private babysitting services, so nothing to arrange. The 12 noon thing is strict as the youth staff needs their lunch/break time. The only sitting is at night, starting at 10pm, for an hourly fee, in a group setting.

I have not traveled Carnival, but I have used RCCL's in-room sitting service. Whether Carnival has private in-room service or even group service, they will be sticklers. If your excursion is slated until Noon, then you probably won't be back in time. I recommend calling either your TA, or even Carnival themselves to clarify what kind of sitting services are currently offered and whether anything can be arranged ahead of time (whether on the ship or before boarding). RCCL does not allow pre-booking sitting services.

I have not traveled Carnival, but I have used RCCL's in-room sitting service. Whether Carnival has private in-room service or even group service, they will be sticklers. If your excursion is slated until Noon, then you probably won't be back in time. I recommend calling either your TA, or even Carnival themselves to clarify what kind of sitting services are currently offered and whether anything can be arranged ahead of time (whether on the ship or before boarding). RCCL does not allow pre-booking sitting services.

Carnival does NOT have in cabin sitting. The only sitting that's available for a child that young is the late night, group sitting, at a per hour charge. Those hours are 10pm to 3am. They do have Camp Carnival open for port days, but only until noon. A parent must pick the child up by that time.

Archived