Allocated cabin

cshim

We booked a guarantee D8 on the Queen Elizabeth and have now received notification of our cabin number which is now a C1 on deck 1.

Will this normally change again or will this be the cabin that we will now have for the cruise?

Thanks!

We booked a guarantee D8 on the Queen Elizabeth and have now received notification of our cabin number which is now a C1 on deck 1.

Will this normally change again or will this be the cabin that we will now have for the cruise?

Thanks!

Normally once a cabin is allocated it is not changed unless they require your C1 cabin in which case it may. It is unlikely to happen.

Normally once a cabin is allocated it is not changed

We've only once booked a gurantee cabin (because we were so late booking there was nothing else available). A few days after our cabins were originally allocated we got quite a decent upgrade. :)

CSHIM - when are you due to sail? Your cabin allocation can change right up until the time you're due to board however I don't think they can move you to a grade below C1 now they've said C1.:)

Booked a Q7 on QV last October was first allocated a Q6 then a couple of weeks later we were upgraded again to a Q2! So never say never.

Lovely!!!

Do they ever change cabins of someone who has selected a specific cabin number at time of booking?

Lovely!!!

Do they ever change cabins of someone who has selected a specific cabin number at time of booking?

------------------------------------

Yes -- as long as you have left yourself open to an upgrade. If you want to ensure that you get the cabin you have requested, and are not moved, make sure they mark your reservation NO UPGRADE or Do Not Upgrade. :)

------------------------------------

Yes -- as long as you have left yourself open to an upgrade. If you want to ensure that you get the cabin you have requested, and are not moved, make sure they mark your reservation NO UPGRADE or Do Not Upgrade. :)

Thanks. Not that it will happen to a newbie on a travel industry rate, but it is interesting to know...

Thanks. Not that it will happen to a newbie on a travel industry rate, but it is interesting to know...

T5LHR doesn't matter how many times you have travelled if your like me 10+ cruises with a line or a 1st time customer its just the luck of the draw

Thanks!

Hi there!

That sounds like a very good upgrade. We booked a B3 guarantee on QM2 in autumn 2009 for a summer 2010 sailing and were allocated a B2 initially then an A3, which we were very pleased about since it meant we had a glass fronted balcony with an unobstructed view. As others have said, I think there is a fair amount of luck involved when it comes to upgrades. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our August trip on the QE - booked an A7 guarantee a few weeks ago.

Hi T5LHR,

You never know when the upgrade fairy will wave her magic wand - back in '91 when I left the travel industry, I got an upgrade from Caronia accommodation (outside) to Princess Grill accommodation (Ultra deluxe).

I seem to recall that the rate was about an "AD75".

I don't even remember what the cabin was with the Caronia booking but the Princess Grill cabin was 2043 on the QE2.

Enjoy your voyage and maybe you'll get lucky:D

We are sailing from Hamburg to Southampton on 13th July and we got told yesterday. I am not really bothered if we are upgraded again as I am pleased enough that we went up as far as we did!

Thanks for the replies.

Just got my cabin assignment, booked cat A4 guarantee and was allocated A4 :( lol I was kind of hoping to be lucky and get an upgrade, but I guess I will stick with the obstructed view, which really does not matter too much since the ocean pretty much looks the same once you get away from shore lol....

Has anyone ever had a room assignment and then later been upgraded? Or is it pretty much set once it is on your travel docs?

Just got my cabin assignment, booked cat A4 guarantee and was allocated A4 :( lol I was kind of hoping to be lucky and get an upgrade, but I guess I will stick with the obstructed view, which really does not matter too much since the ocean pretty much looks the same once you get away from shore lol....

Has anyone ever had a room assignment and then later been upgraded? Or is it pretty much set once it is on your travel docs?

We booked an A4 Guarantee on the QV earlier this month. We were allocated a cabin four weeks before, and like you it was an A4! We were not moved after the allocation. However as everyone has pointed out the cabin assignments on Cunard are a mystery, so fingers crossed you may get lucky! Enjoy your trip, you'll love it!

Which ship are you on and when is your cruise?

Has anyone ever had a room assignment and then later been upgraded?

Yes :) On QE2's final WC we'd booked Caronia guarantee cabins (I can't remember which grade but probably a 3 or 4). When the cabins were allocated we were given that grade of cabin. A week later we were upgraded to the Britannia Grill for the entire trip. Don't give up hope of an upgrade until you're changing for dinner on the first night but, equally, don't rely on it.

We are sailing from Hamburg to Southampton on 13th July and we got told yesterday. I am not really bothered if we are upgraded again as I am pleased enough that we went up as far as we did!

Thanks for the replies.

We are on the same trip and booked an D8 then upgraded to a C2 now we have an A2 ,P4 next;)

Archived