Malaga Embarkation

scoobie

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a duty free that you can buy soda and alcohol at that Malaga port.

Just as an FYI, RCCL does not "allow" soda and alcohol to be brought on board.

Taken from their website:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Thanks for the FYI but I did know when I wrote this what RCCL rules state.

Flame me if you must but I really would just like to hear from someone who has recently cruised out of Malaga on whether or not there is a duty free at the port.

We've cruised out of Malaga for the last 2 years. Yes there is a duty free shop in the terminal as well as several gift shops. All of them are after security when you embark.

We also had Malaga as a port of call on our April TA, then the shop was open but there were the usual scanners as we got back on the ship to pick up any bottles. When we've embarked in Malaga the only scanners are before check in so you can carry your purchases onto the ship.

Julie

Archived