Eclipse specialty restaurants - reserve ahead?

pacheco18

Is there any need to reserve these restaurants ahead of time, or are reservations easily made once on board? Is there good availability is we wait? We are used to O specialty restaurants (free) which we book ahead to get decent times.

It varies some from sailing to sailing, but typically it seems as though the prime dinner times do book up. If you wait until you are on the ship to book you likely will still be able to book reservations if you are flexible with your dining times, but may end up having to opt for real early or real late dining times. On some sailings people have indicated there was ample available when they waited until they were on board, but more commonly people have had a limited selection of times (and that was the case with me on Equinox).

It depends how flexible you are with your dining time. I tried to book a few specialty restaurants for the Equinox several months ahead at 7 p.m. and got 2 out of 3, the 3rd I had a choice of 6:30 or 8 pm.

I would encourage you reserve the three specialty restaurants on the eclipse in advance....because you should try each of them...they are worth the extra cost. Murano for the food and service, qsine because not only is the food excellent, it is served uniquely, and the Tuscan Grill with it's magnificent view and excellent food and service. Why wait and then have to adjust....

If there is a package offered on board with a discount if you eat at all three restaurants (which we found on the TA), they will credit the difference back to your account.

We booked in advance recently for a cruise on the constellation. Our credit card was charged when we booked. The specialty restaurants were never full and they offered a 20% discount almost every night. I won't book in advance again.

I've also noticed that longer cruises tend to have more availability, although popular nights such as sea days on a busy itinerary will book up fast.

On our 7 night Eclipse sailing last Feb popular times were booked most nights when we boarded and we tried to change a reservation for the last night a couple days before and were told that all specialty resultants were completely full for that night at that time.

On a Constellation 14 night cruise in March the specialty restaurants were wide open easy to get into most nights.

We prebook as we have a greater chance at eating where and when we want. As opposed to taking what's left when we board.

We don't like to eat too late or too early. And getting seating anywhere from 7-8:30 is the busiest time.

Archived