RCI Past Passengers Sailing on Enchantment

Just returned from Baltimore to Bermuda 5-day cruise with the family. We were surprised to hear the captain say that there were 441 returning RCI passengers onboard - out of 2500+. That seems like such a low number. Any ideas why?

I heard that as well. My guess is summer vacation is starting and possibly not as many families have sailed with Royal Caribbean before. I've heard this given as a reason for lower repeat (at least in the diamond/diamond + numbers) over holiday sailings.

Just returned from Baltimore to Bermuda 5-day cruise with the family. We were surprised to hear the captain say that there were 441 returning RCI passengers onboard - out of 2500+. That seems like such a low number. Any ideas why?

I don't think Bermuda is as big a draw for returning C&A Members as some of the other destinations that RCI offers.

We did it in April as part of a consecutive cruise. It was our first time there and though we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and the port I can honestly tell everyone that I've been there, done that and have no desire to go back.:)

There were 29 D members and ONE D+ on our Enchantment Bermuda cruise (5/28 - 6/2) and I think 40 plats. :eek: (Didn't catch the Emerald numbers)

Everyone was wearing the "First time cruiser" sticker on the first day. Our cruise was sold out. But there was only 1 D+ member on the whole cruise.

That was low.

We just got back from the Bermuda cruise on the Summit. We love Bermuda, and this time we were able to do different activities than we ever did before. The weather was lovely, and you need at least 3 days in Bermuda to get around. Those short stays really limit you from the beauty and activities. The fact that Bermuda is safe, and no one is begging you or pestering you to buy "junk" is such a pleasant change.

Can't imagine why CruisinFever wouldn't love the islands....I usually really agree with you!

JMHO

There were 29 D members and ONE D+ on our Enchantment Bermuda cruise (5/28 - 6/2) and I think 40 plats. :eek: (Didn't catch the Emerald numbers)

Everyone was wearing the "First time cruiser" sticker on the first day. Our cruise was sold out. But there was only 1 D+ member on the whole cruise.

That was low.

Guess it was a no brainer who was the Top Cruiser for your cruise.:D

Same cruise here. I was stunned too, though it was obvious there were a lot of new cruisers. The Spotlight was so empty for the concierge/C&A event... oh well, more pigs-in-a-blanket for me. I think the Enchantment, being semi-close to a lot of affluent areas in MD, attracts a lot of new people... which is good! Also summer vacation.

As for Bermuda itself, it's attractive to new cruisers but at least for my family, it was kind of meh. We got lost on the bus, thanks dad. Lots of beaches and not much else, and I'm not a beach or snorkeling person.

(On an only slightly related note... what was up with that jet?? It flew directly by our room, the balcony doors were rattling...)

As for Bermuda itself, it's attractive to new cruisers but at least for my family, it was kind of meh. We got lost on the bus, thanks dad. Lots of beaches and not much else, and I'm not a beach or snorkeling person.

(On an only slightly related note... what was up with that jet?? It flew directly by our room, the balcony doors were rattling...)

I LOVE beaches and I was glued to my map while on the bus :D No dad to get me lost ;)

Jet? Never saw a jet. Well, we did see an airplane when we were leaving Bermuda but it was when we were out away from Bermuda, never came close to us at the Royal Dockyards. :)

I LOVE beaches and I was glued to my map while on the bus :D No dad to get me lost ;)

Jet? Never saw a jet. Well, we did see an airplane when we were leaving Bermuda but it was when we were out away from Bermuda, never came close to us at the Royal Dockyards. :)

I now handle the maps and directional skills for my family. My father says he knows where he's going but he's gotten us lost millions of times, and my mother freely admits that she doesn't know where she's going in any case. The most frequent exchange on our mother-daughter cruises is as follows: "... where you going mom... our room is that way" "is it?? oh well you know..." But that's off-topic. lol

Nonono, on the past cruise (11 June - 15 June) on the last sea day, there was a military jet that flew very low and very close to the ship. Scared me half to death, my mother nearly TO death, and apparently Capt. Gus was not a happy person after that. I still have no idea why the jet was there though (or for that matter, the three Coast Guard helicopters?) and I'm quite curious.

We're Platinum and going back to Bermuda for the second time. First time was our very first RCI cruise. We'll enjoy a smaller returning cruisers event.

As for the jet and CG, it could have been an exercise. Also, there are several bases in NC and VA that have Navy and Marine Corp aircraft flying on a regular basis so it could easily be a pilot doing something he probably shouldn't have. It wouldn't be the first time a jet pilot has buzzed something he shouldn't.

I don't think Bermuda is as big a draw for returning C&A Members as some of the other destinations that RCI offers.

We did it in April as part of a consecutive cruise. It was our first time there and though we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and the port I can honestly tell everyone that I've been there, done that and have no desire to go back.:)

This was our 7th Cruise, always wanted to see Bermuda. I agree with you 100%, Now I've been there, no desire to go back. Expensive and boring. Of course our weather really sucked so I guess that is why we were bored. All Beach tours were cancelled the first day due to rain and High winds. As I mentioned in another post, being there over night was worthless. There wasn't anything to do. Most everything closes by 6:00 PM. We ate lunch and dinner on Shore and spent a fortune. We should have eaten on ship.

This was our 7th Cruise, always wanted to see Bermuda. I agree with you 100%, Now I've been there, no desire to go back. Expensive and boring. Of course our weather really sucked so I guess that is why we were bored. All Beach tours were cancelled the first day due to rain and High winds. As I mentioned in another post, being there over night was worthless. There wasn't anything to do. Most everything closes by 6:00 PM. We ate lunch and dinner on Shore and spent a fortune. We should have eaten on ship.

I agree completely!! We did 3 days in Bermuda with NCL (1st & last cruise with them), 2 days with RCCL last year & 1 day there this year. The only reason I even bothered to get off the ship this year was to go to the Glass Works.

I know a lot of people love Bermuda but I don't see the attraction. I also can't believe how sad Hamilton & St George are now that all the ships are going to the Dockyard.

Heyyy Altoona! You are only the 2nd person since I joined CC years ago that I've ever seen from my hometown! :D Howdy!

acethesuperhero -- Ohhh now I understand. Yeah we had many military operations going on with our ship. It started with helicopter training off in the distance in Bermuda and by the time we got close to VA and MD, the coast guard was playing pirates with us. ;) They kept acting like they were going to board us. They would speed up real close, then move off, then another boat would do the same. It made for some excitement on Deck 5 for about an hour. :)

Heyyy Altoona! You are only the 2nd person since I joined CC years ago that I've ever seen from my hometown! :D Howdy!

acethesuperhero -- Ohhh now I understand. Yeah we had many military operations going on with our ship. It started with helicopter training off in the distance in Bermuda and by the time we got close to VA and MD, the coast guard was playing pirates with us. ;) They kept acting like they were going to board us. They would speed up real close, then move off, then another boat would do the same. It made for some excitement on Deck 5 for about an hour. :)

Hey, Crusinmama06 I'm still hangin out here. The other Altoonan. We also sailed the Enchantment recently. We did the 12 night the end of March.

Personally, I think it has more to do with the relative newness of Enchantment to Baltimore than destination. I would be interested in hearing the returning cruiser numbers for other sailings than this one.

Heyy cruisinmama06 How younse doin??? Ha Ha.

Hey, Crusinmama06 I'm still hangin out here. The other Altoonan. We also sailed the Enchantment recently. We did the 12 night the end of March.

Heyy cruisinmama06 How younse doin??? Ha Ha.

Now its a party! :D welcome YINS GUYS! ;)

Midnight -- I got off Enchantment on 6/2 - my brother got on (with his fiance who works at Altoona Regional) and his sailing ending when your sailing began. I remember the day he got off, the weather took a turn for the worse. Sorry, we couldn't keep the sun shining. ;)

Personally, I think it has more to do with the relative newness of Enchantment to Baltimore than destination. I would be interested in hearing the returning cruiser numbers for other sailings than this one.

We did the NYE cruise on EN this past December which was a 12 day cruise to the Caribbean beginning 12/27. We then did the 9 day Member's cruise in April staying on board for the 5 day cruise to Bermuda. We have now been on EN a total of 4 times. The staff and crew were wonderful as is the ship.

We would definitely book another cruise on EN to either Canada/NE or back to the Caribbean. The best part for us was being able to drive to the Port of Baltimore which we have never done before.

Driving to Baltimore and Boarding in Baltimore was fantastic. Getting on was the fastest and smoothest we have ever experienced. We did the Carnival Pride last year out of Baltimore and it took a lot longer to board. The only downer of Baltimore is that your choices of cruises are limited. The Carnival trip was Grand Turks, Halfmoon Cay and Freeport. That was a nice cruise. Our neighbors sailed the San Juan, St Thomas, Labadee, on the Enchantment, they enjoyed it. I hope they come up with some new itineraries for next year out of Baltimore. We had no complaints about the Ship or Staff, they were great. Our problem was the uncontrollable, the weather. We weren't too impressed with Bermuda. We weren't able to get off the ship until 11:00 the first day and had to be back on by 1:00 the second day. Not at all enough time. You spend most of your time waiting in Ferry or Bus lines.

Everyone was wearing the "First time cruiser" sticker on the first day.

They put a sticker on first time cruisers? Is this to help the staff not roll their eyes when these folks ask dumb questions? I hope they do this on our sailing - it will be amusing to see!

They put a sticker on first time cruisers? Is this to help the staff not roll their eyes when these folks ask dumb questions? I hope they do this on our sailing - it will be amusing to see!

LOL! When we boarded, they asked if they could see the sea pass. And then they put a "NEW Cruiser" or "Expert Cruiser" on the person's shirt. I saw this going on up ahead and avoided the sticker like the plague. :p I faked left and went right. :D lol

But yes, everyone displayed those NEW CRUISER stickers proudly. ;)

Archived