Considering NCL

Tophat4321

TopHat,

I just wanted to state that NCL DOES allow smoking in the cabins, so if your balcony neighbors object to the smoke out there, feel free to go inside your cabin.

The crew does a wonderful job at ionizing the cabins, and will even come in again if the odor still lingers. Just be cognizant that there are connecting cabins and that the smoke might waft under that door. Thanks for being a conscientious smoker! :)

I would not smoke in cabin. Thinking of next passenger.

Thanks for the input folks

Hi Tophat...Been a while since I've been out here. I have cruised on several lines Costa, Princess, Royal, (Home Lines - now out of business), Celebrity and NCL. I have been on more than 100 cruises.

What I will say about NCL is to run as far away as you can. We did a family cruise 2 years ago on the Dawn - 26 of us. The cabins are horrible, although the shower is larger than Princess. Food in the regular dining room - no pay - is inedible. We were forced to go to pay restaurants in order to get a decent meal. Service in the dining room - seriously lacking. The pool area is a whole other nightmare. 1 pool for everyone (they did have a childrens pool). Never able to get a seat, no less with other family members. Children allowed into the one and only pool with diapers...complaints to staff went unanswered.

I'm sorry you feel this way about Princess...there are many other cruise lines out there.

Please reconsider your thoughts on NCL.

HORRIBLE ?? INEDIBLE ?? NIGHTMARE ??? Why the feeble attempt at drama to try to damage NCL ???

No cruise line serves inedible food -- PERIOD !!!

Rick and Marilyn, We enjoy cruising with NCL, but would prefer Princess if the price and itinerary were the same. With Princess' anytime dining, you get to eat with a lot of interesting people. NCL has many small tables and no longer seats guests with other parties they do not know. As a results, it is harder to meet people on NCL cruises.

Rick and Marilyn, We enjoy cruising with NCL, but would prefer Princess if the price and itinerary were the same. With Princess' anytime dining, you get to eat with a lot of interesting people. NCL has many small tables and no longer seats guests with other parties they do not know. As a results, it is harder to meet people on NCL cruises.

NCL will still seat you with others if you request it. We prefer NCL because we do not have to eat with different people each night unless we feel like it. We prefer to meet others outside of meals and invite them to join us for dinner if we hit it off. We also meet people sitting together at breakfast in the MDRs if we aren't in a suite and eating in Cagney's.

Archived