If you order from Bon Voyage, but don't finish the bottle?

CruiseBunch5

In July, we'll be cruising on the Inspiration out of Tampa. If a bottle of liquor is ordered thru Bon Voyage and you don't consume the whole bottle, are you allowed to take the partially-filled bottle off of the ship?

It is yours.

So yes....

Bill

In July, we'll be cruising on the Inspiration out of Tampa. If a bottle of liquor is ordered thru Bon Voyage and you don't consume the whole bottle, are you allowed to take the partially-filled bottle off of the ship?

In short, you paid for it, it's your's.

Not sure where your from, but if you're local opr drive to port, should not be a problem. If you fly to and from port, the airline most likely will not you bring it aboard. (Don't forget TSA). Yu could pack it in your luggage, but is it worth it if the bottle should leak or get broken :eek:. Just a thought.

I've read on here somewhere that someone leaves the left overs for their room steward. Do you think this is appropriate?

Also does anyone have tips for if you buy liquor on the ship to take home the best way to pack in luggage to fly home??

I've read on here somewhere that someone leaves the left overs for their room steward. Do you think this is appropriate?

Also does anyone have tips for if you buy liquor on the ship to take home the best way to pack in luggage to fly home??

If it's liquor from the gift shop they usually arrive at your door in a nice travel box with bubble wrap for the ride home.

We leave anything we have at the end of the cruise for our room stewards. We once tried to give it to them the day before but they said they weren't allowed to take it until after we clear the cabin on the debarkation day. When asked if they really do drink it and or want it they've said "YES" along with soda, bottled water etc. They do get to keep it for themselves~!

For those driving and planning to bringing opened bottles of booze you may want to be careful depending on your states laws for open containers. In NY we can't have an opened bottle of booze inside the vehicle. Not that they would make you open your luggage but you never know.

You can take it off, but it will count against your customs duty exemption as if it were full.

Note to self; must finish bottle in four days. It will be difficult but I think I can do it. :)

I didn't leave it for the steward, but rather for one of the crew members we met on a prior cruise and had kept in touch with on facebook. She was quite pleased to get her hands on the stuff. Of course, we also brought a box of Oreo cookies on with us for her...apparently that's one of the most wanted items among the female members of the crew. I'm sure your steward would be most happy to take any leftovers off your hands.

Note to self; must finish bottle in four days. It will be difficult but I think I can do it. :)

Don't sell yourself short. You don't just have four days, you also have four nights :D.

Archived