our upcoming cruise on Golden is our first Princess

flashdog_1

so we're unfamiliar with the quality of the coffee anywhere on the ships. My DD is quite willing to buy a card if it's Lavazza coffee! Please advise about the syrup coffee in the buffet as contrasted with coffee with the card.

I read above that if you have a card you can get fresh brewed coffee for free, therefore being able to save your punches for lattes etc. right?

Can two people use one card on the voyage? ThaNKS

so we're unfamiliar with the quality of the coffee anywhere on the ships. My DD is quite willing to buy a card if it's Lavazza coffee! Please advise about the syrup coffee in the buffet as contrasted with coffee with the card. Buffet coffee is subjective. Some like it, others hate it. I have no idea what the brand of brewed coffee that you get with the card.

I read above that if you have a card you can get fresh brewed coffee for free, therefore being able to save your punches for lattes etc. right? You are correct.

Can two people use one card on the voyage? ThaNKS

Yes for specialty coffees however you cannot get two free brewed coffees at the same time.

We were on the Golden Princess in May and found the buffet coffee to be acceptable. We drink our coffee black with sweetener, so the taste really can't hide too much. I did try a specialty coffee, but didn't find it all too special. Perhaps you should just try the coffee at the buffet first and go from there.

We also brought travel mugs with lids with us that really helped to keep things hot and avoid spills.

I could not even choke down a sip of the dreck they call coffee in the buffet. The brewed coffee with the coffee card was very good, as well as the specialty coffees. Being a coffee junkie myself, I would not even think of cruising without buying the coffee card!

Yes for specialty coffees however you cannot get two free brewed coffees at the same time.

Is the coffee at dinner in the main dining rooms brewed?

Thanks for clarifying. I'd guess that would also mean you could not get a free brewed coffee and a specialty coffee at the same time! Pls advise. Thanks.

We get the regular coffee for a dollar something each morning at the international cafe. It is definately far superior to the coffee served at the Horizon. We don't get into the specialty coffees so since this charge is so low we opt out of buying the coffee card.

Is the coffee at dinner in the main dining rooms brewed?

Thanks for clarifying. I'd guess that would also mean you could not get a free brewed coffee and a specialty coffee at the same time! Pls advise. Thanks.

No, the diningroom coffee is made from the same syrupy sludge.

And yes, you can get a brewed coffee at the same time as a specialty, since you are using a punch. It's two brewed that you can't get with the same card at the same time.

No, the diningroom coffee is made from the same syrupy sludge.

And yes, you can get a brewed coffee at the same time as a specialty, since you are using a punch. It's two brewed that you can't get with the same card at the same time.

Pia, neat!

and thanks Janina! A buck isn't bad at all.

And how does one differentiate to your server that you don't want regular (sludge?) coffee? Are they familiar with this term, brewed? Surely, or you wouldn't be telling us!

Yes , as long as you have punches left you can get brewed coffee.

The card can also be used on other ships as well.

Two brewed at the same time depends a lot on the server

that are working and how busy they are.:cool:

And how does one differentiate to your server that you don't want regular (sludge?) coffee? Are they familiar with this term, brewed? Surely, or you wouldn't be telling us!

The coffee bar doesn't handle the sludge. :)

The coffee bar doesn't handle the sludge. :)

Aha! So the brewed coffee aspect of the card is only to be used in the coffee bar, not in the main dining room. But the main dining room WILL get you a specialty coffee after dinner, won't they?

Aha! So the brewed coffee aspect of the card is only to be used in the coffee bar, not in the main dining room. But the main dining room WILL get you a specialty coffee after dinner, won't they?

Yes, they will. But by the time they come back with it, everyone else at the table will be done and ready to leave. Sometimes having options is not always a good thing. :)

in the main dining rooms, Horizon Court, etc. And we drank it for every meal except a couple of lunches where we had pizza or burgers out on deck.

Which proves that everyone's coffee palate is not the same.

Archived