Roll Call Silver Cloud Southampton to Copenhagen 7/20-7/30

cotto22

I have been enjoying these boards for quite sometime and hoping to see a thread about our upcoming cruise. Seeing none I thought I would ask if anyone will be joining us for this cruise ,or, if someone has done this itinerary in the past and has any words of wisdom for us. This will be our second SS cruise and we are truly looking forward to it. We really need a vacation and can hardly wait.

Thanks!

Cathy

I surely will. It looks as if we may have the entire ship to ourselves!:D

I was looking forward to some advice from those who might have cruised this itinerary before, but perhaps someone might chime in later.

Have you chosen any excursions yet? We tried to book a private Normandy beaches excursion, but the agent recommended by our TA was already booked, and his back up was way too expensive (imo). So, we are going to try SS's excursion for that day. Our TA just emailed me that our documents are in, and that she will be fedexing them to us. We are getting excited. Our other SS cruise was a Mediterranean in the fall of 2009. Previously we have sailed on Seabourn and Regent.

We will do the Normandy excursion, one in Poland and probably go with a tour company called Friends of Dave in Rostock. Friends in Belgium have told us it is a 15 minute train ride to Brugges. We will do that and the other ports on our own.

Susan,

We are on the reverse itinerary that does not visit Poland or Germany. I did like that itinerary also, but the timing did not work for us. We are doing a Bruges tour also that will include beer tasting.

Archived