Favorite things to do on sea days?

CPandJP

I have 4 sea days on my cruise and I was wondering what to do on them, other than sunning and swimming on the deck. I would like to take advantage of some of the activities and games other than bingo. Any suggestion on what to do and why??

The Carnival Capers lists everything there is to do hour by hour. You should be able to find plenty to do if you get tired of relaxing by the pool, in the pool and the water slide. Try checking www.google.com images or www.webshots.com and search for Carnival Capers for you ship. We have always been able to find them and you can check out different ideas before you go.

I can tell you what NOT to do....DO NOT spend your day in those "talks" that they do about future cruises credits....shopping....etc. HUGE waste of time! I learned the hard way, by the time we got thru 3 of them it was time to dress for dinner! My whole ONE sea day we had was a total waste! Learned my lesson!

On my cruise last year I took the Hip-Hop dance class (yeah, I was a mess) and I actually sang at Bandaoke (with the live band). :eek: I totally sucked at both but my DW got a blast out of watching me make a fool of myself and I have yet to run into anyone else that was on that cruise to witness it. :D

DON'T go to the art auction. It's not really art and it's not really an auction, it's a sales pitch for prints you could get for a lot less anywhere else. The "auction" is just there to keep people confused as to what costs what. They do give you a glass of champagne if you stick around long enough, but I'd rather pay for the drink and enjoy my free time elsewhere.

DON'T buy watches or jewelry on board, it's cheap crap, and not just the stuff they sell for $10! I once bought a small "Guess" leather purse for $120 where the zipper broke the day I got off the ship. I think it was some look alike cheapo that they sold as the real thing. I can't prove it, but I can't believe a genuine Guess leather purse would have done that after just a few days of use. My husband was tempted by a $1000 watch and I'm so glad he didn't get it, for that kind of money I want to go to a local jeweler I know and trust.

I go look at the photo gallery on sea days, I like to look at the shops (but I only buy a shirt or something), take photos, look at the ocean, read a book, chase down my kid, spend time in the bubbles, have a few drinks, go to high tea, I never get enough sea days!

Archived