Question about Ft Lauderdale Port

dvg1027

Yes, there is a convenient parking garage just across the street from the pier. You may drop your bags with the porters before you park. The walk back from your car, once you park, is not very far.

I believe the charge is about $15.00 per day. It may recently have increased to $16.00 per day. Others can confirm the current rate.

It is covered and secure.

Hope you have a great time.

First, are you driving or flying to Fort Lauderdale for your cruise.

There are several hotels that offer parking at the hotel for the cruise, they shuttle you to the port.

We have done both, parked at the pier and left our car at the hotel without any problems.

Also check the roll call for the Eurodam.....Oct 29 it's growing and we are planning a Meet and Greet.

Marilyn

We are flying from NJ to Ft Myers. Staying with my parents for a couple of days in Naples and then the four of us will drive to FT Lauderdale the day of our departure on the cruise. Thanks for the tip about roll call.

• 1 month later...

We are looking for a hotel that has a parking and shuttle package in Ft. Lauderdale for pre-cruise 11/12. Called Embassy Suites and no one could tell me if they had one. Yes they have a package for people who fly in but we are driving in from Central Fla. Help??? TIA:confused:

We are looking for a hotel that has a parking and shuttle package in Ft. Lauderdale for pre-cruise 11/12. Called Embassy Suites and no one could tell me if they had one. Yes they have a package for people who fly in but we are driving in from Central Fla. Help??? TIA:confused:
I suggest you do some reading on the Ports Of Call Florida Departures forum. Lots of suggestions from cruisers on many lines.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Yes, you can park your car at Embassy Suites and then take their shuttle or a cab to the port. I can't remember how much the parking is per day, but they have 24/7 valet parking, so I know the security is good for cars left there over a cruise. We would leave our car there without a worry though we normally park at the terminal so we can be right on our way when we disembark. Those are the only 2 places we would have no worry about leaving our car over a cruise.

:) Go to WWW.stay123.com They list hotels at all the cruiseports that provide free parking during your cruise. Some are only good for 7 days others for the entire duration of your cruise. Most provide free shuttle to and from cruiseport. Read each offer carefully some only provide one way free shuttle others charge and many are free. We have used them several times already and were veryn pleased with each place we stayed at. The longest was 41 days and we are currently booked in October for 45 days. The rates they charge are actually less than if you booked through the hotel itself.

Hampton Inn & Suites have a nice package that includes parking. do check out the site that Jt513 gave you. There are tons of hotels that offer free parking and/or parking packages for up to two weeks.

Have a great cruise and don't hesitate to ask anything if we can help:D

We are flying from NJ to Ft Myers. Staying with my parents for a couple of days in Naples and then the four of us will drive to FT Lauderdale the day of our departure on the cruise. Thanks for the tip about roll call.

Hi --

We we're in Fort Myers. Check out Park 'n' Go of Fort Lauderdale.

http://offairportparking.com/portevg/

My sister and I parked here last spring for a Southern Caribbean cruise. Lots of people here on CC have recommended them. They are easy to get to and very close to the port.

If you want more information feel free to email me. LLTAFEL [at] yahoo.com -- put FLL Parking in the subject line.

Linda

There are discount off site parking services that are convenient to the pier. You could search on Fort Lauderdale cruise parking and see what you find. We see these vans in and out of the port all of the time. You can save a fair amount of money. I do not think they are covered, but you would find that in your search.

One thing to keep in mind if you sail out of FLL is the terminal where the ship is located. Most of the HAL ships do have convenient parking across from the ship. Be prepared to have all your documentation available as you enter the port. All cars are stopped and need a windshield flyer for your car. The off site vans zip right through the security gates.

Archived