Keeping items safe on beach...

Maggie01

:confused: Elations 4/10/05...1st time to cruise...This may be a dumb questions but need to know the answer. My husband & I are planning to visit PB in Cozumel and they have no lockers to rent. How does one keep their personal items (money, credit card, id, etc) safe while in the water playing and snorkeling? Or...is there a better beach to visit? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Now I know this is not the best idea, and I may just be a good ol girl from Iowa, but usually we would end up sitting next to really nice people who are there on a cruise too. Whoever you ask, if they are a couple or a family, they have the same problem and we would always do the same for them in return. It wasn't an issue very often as we had gma and gpa along, but we did do this a couple times and did it for others as well.

Edited to add we did PB as well and it was nice! We sat in the from row so even while in the water we could keep an eye on those keeping an eye out for our stuff, lol.

I use a plastic container on a string, its water tight. I is just big enough to hold my credit card, some money and our watches. I put it around my neck. I think I read it was called a beach safe. I bought mine at sporting good store.

:confused: Elations 4/10/05...1st time to cruise...This may be a dumb questions but need to know the answer. My husband & I are planning to visit PB in Cozumel and they have no lockers to rent. How does one keep their personal items (money, credit card, id, etc) safe while in the water playing and snorkeling? Or...is there a better beach to visit? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I bought an AquaPac: www.aquapac.net to carry my valuables (The Pro Sports one from http://www.aquapaccanada.ca). Other stuff I would just leave in a locker. The pakpak also looks neat: http://www.waterproofcases.net/pakpak.html

Most souvenier shops sell a "water wallet" that is a waterproof plastic case on a rope necklace (usually with the name of the island imprinted on it) for about $5. It will easily hold a few credit cards, some cash & a watch, and your boarding pass. They're great! I have one from almost every island in the Caribbean. (color to match my swimsuit).

You should have no problem finding one at your first port- of- call, or in Cozumel.

Enjoy PB. It's BEAUTIFUL!!

Another idea is to use a carbinger (? or something like that...not sure exactly what they are called) hook.

Hook your straps to the beach chair and then keep

an eye on it. Especially useful if you decide to take a nap.

Hopefully, the ruckus of someone wanting to run off

with your stuff would wake you up.

Have fun!!!! I LOVE Paradise Beach.....it's Paradise! :)

Archived