Crystal Caves vs Fantasy Caves

slny

What is the difference between Crystal Caves and Fantasy Caves? I'm still not sure if it's worth going to either one. We've never been to Bermuda and plan on going to Tobacco Bay for snorkeling while we're in St George(from 10:00ish to about 5:00). We're going with my kids - 13, 12 and 8. We're not big "sightseers" but I keep reading how we should make this a Bermuda "must- see". Is it worth the cost and effort (cutting Tobacco trip short) to go visit the caves? Thank you!!!

When my son was age of your childen he would have loved the caves - very "cool" place. Can't speak to Crystal and we only went to Fantasy. We live within a couple hours drive to the coast so beaches/snorkeling are never priority for us when we cruise but if your family really wants "beach time" you may have to choose.

I just did the caves a couple of weeks ago... I had never been to any "caves" before so me and my DH both found them very interesting. I can't recall off the top of my head which one is which, but one of the caves essentially had water at the bottom so there was a pontoon bridge that you walked out across. The other one did have water as well, but not as big. While they were similar, there was a bit of a different feel for both of them. I can look for my photos to see which one is which

Dana

Fantasy doesn't have as much water if that's the one with the rowboat at foot of stairs? I think Crystal (which we didn't see 2 wks ago) has the "boardwalk" across the water if I remember from earlier trip... Fantasy was really "middle earth like" . ... expected to see one of the Tolkein characters down there

Thank you. We leave for our cruise this Sunday and the weather is calling for some rain so I think the "caves" are going to be one of our "must sees". For me, they look absolutely spectacular from some of the pictures I've seen. Hopefully, the rest of the family appreciates it!!

Caroline- You've got me a little scared to see that creature come popping out (can't remember his name but i've got a pretty good picture of him in my head)

So , I guess, it's a toss up between the two. Thanks again.

Caroline- You've got me a little scared to see that creature come popping out (can't remember his name but i've got a pretty good picture of him in my head)

So , I guess, it's a toss up between the two. Thanks again.

Nah, I paid him off not to spook the passengers for the rest of the summer:D We love Fantasy but as I think I mentioned earlier you can do both for about $27. Had we more time or it been a less than desirable weather day, we would have done that.. it's a bargain.

Hi Caroline,

Sorry, but Gollum doesn't take bribes. He's still down there, and when they turn out the lights so you can find out what complete, utter, total darkness is like, you may feel Gullum's slimy fingers searching for his "precious".

Feel free to scream at this point.

Have Fun!

Archived