Summit cabin question

micruiser12

We have never sailed on the Summit, but just signed up for a C3 cabin #9120 that looks like it is right under seating(?) near the Cafe. Do you think that would be a noisy cabin from noises above us? We usually like a midlevel midship cabin to avoid seasickness. Do you think this could be much of a problem on the 9th level? We plan to cruise next winter.

Please advice anyone that has experience in this area of the M class ship. Thanks!

:) Wife and I were in cabin 9100 and other family members were in cabins 9026 and 9057...Just returned from Bermuda June 12th and our rooms were great.:).no noise and Peter our cabin attendant was great....Have fun,wish I was going back....Also we used John our taxi driver for three days while we in Bermuda. His rates were good and we split the fare between three couples.It was great not wasting time waiting in lines for ferries or buses..We left the ship @ 08:30 and we were sitting on Tobacco bay beach by 09:25...Ferry does not leave the dockyard until 10:00 am...He came and picked us up at whatever time we requested...The cab fare was welll worth the money versus waiting in lines in the heat...I have his phone number if you want it.Enjoy your trip..We did:)..Dan

P.S. = BUY THE DRINK PACKAGE, :D well worth it...We made good use of it.. LOL

:) Wife and I were in cabin 9100 and other family members were in cabins 9026 and 9057...Just returned from Bermuda June 12th and our rooms were great.:).no noise and Peter our cabin attendant was great....Have fun,wish I was going back....Also we used John our taxi driver for three days while we in Bermuda. His rates were good and we split the fare between three couples.It was great not wasting time waiting in lines for ferries or buses..We left the ship @ 08:30 and we were sitting on Tobacco bay beach by 09:25...Ferry does not leave the dockyard until 10:00 am...He came and picked us up at whatever time we requested...The cab fare was welll worth the money versus waiting in lines in the heat...I have his phone number if you want it.Enjoy your trip..We did:)..Dan

P.S. = BUY THE DRINK PACKAGE, :D well worth it...We made good use of it.. LOL

How much was the cab fare from the Dockyard to Tobacco Bay?

We have never sailed on the Summit, but just signed up for a C3 cabin #9120 that looks like it is right under seating(?) near the Cafe. Do you think that would be a noisy cabin from noises above us? We usually like a midlevel midship cabin to avoid seasickness. Do you think this could be much of a problem on the 9th level? We plan to cruise next winter.

Please advice anyone that has experience in this area of the M class ship. Thanks!

We were in 9124, just two cabins away from your cabin, but on the Millennium (same deck plan) last winter. Yes, you will be below buffet seating but we heard absolutely no noise from above. I am also prone to seasickness and did not even have to take any meds on our trip out of San Juan.

Just know that your cabin will have a very deep overhang so it will be unlikely you will get any direct sun on your balcony. I was concerned that our cabin would be very dark because of the overhang, but it was not. This is a great location for hopping up to the buffet one deck up (okay, that turned out to be a dangerous thing in reality!).

Here is a picture of me on the balcony of 9124. Your cabin will be two to the right.

IMG_3739.jpg.e5297515c66ea1f0eb473ec6d3ca2767.jpg

Thank you to those that replied! Especially, Blue_Flame for the great picture! Now I know what you are talking about regarding the overhang. Won't be a problem for us as my skin can't handle too much sun anyway. Mostly concerned with the noise and seasickness factor.

We will be on a different cruise than to Bermuda. It will switch over in the winter to the southern caribbean.

We were on the 6/19 sailing of the summit and were in 9083. We loved it. We heard a little noise once and a while but nothing annoying. We loved the overhang because we had plenty of light without direct sun. The deck was super convenient to run and get something to eat because we just walked up the stairs one flight and we were near everything. Our sailing was very rocky - much more than I ever expected. Sometimes it was hard to walk but we didn't get sick or anything. My dh was worried about seasickness because he does get motion sick. However, not a bit and we didn't even take any of the medicine that we brought with us. It was actually kind of funny, everyone was laughing about it. I would definitely ask for this cabin again. It was a CC cabin and was mid ship.

I like deck 8 instead of 9. Maybe not a big deal on this itinerary (we just got off infinity on Alaska trip and would have missed being able to see upwards on some of the . Deck 9 has the overhang that impedes your "upwards" view and also can have some noise issues from above.

Deck 8 and 9 are at the same distance outward from the ship (if that makes sense...balconies extend outward to the same point) and deck 7 is recessed in, so I think deck 8 is best IMHO.

Archived