Questions about Grand Cayman Sightseeing

luvtravel88

Hi All!

Hubby and I will be on the Island Princess in November doing the 10 day Panama Canal cruise. There is a stop at Grand Cayman. We have been there once before and spent our time doing Stingray City.

We are intersted in going to the Turtle Farm and seeing the small town of Hell and then going to Seagrape.

Are the Turtle Farm and Hell near each other?

We were considering hiring a taxi off the pier to take us to those two places and then drop us off at Seagrape. Would a taxi driver do this and wait for us while we're in the Turtle Farm?

My understanding from other threads that's it's easy to pick up a bus at Seagrape to get back to the pier. Is this still the case?

Thanks for your insights!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any info on Seagrape as I've never been. But, in regards to a taxi to Hell and the Turtle Farm - they are definitely close enough to each other to use a taxi and you should have no problem having the taxi wait for you at the Turtle Farm. Of course, the meter will be running as they won't sit there without making money so I would be sure and ask the taxi driver what he is going to charge to wait for you.

Enjoy your time in the Caymans

When I was in GC we paid a taxi cab driver a flat fee of $20.00pp and did an island tour, that made several stops, that included Hell and Turtle farm (There was an entrance fee to get into turtle farm, but I'm can't recall what that was). Once the tour was done we got dropped off along 7 mile beach and took another cab back to the pier when we were finished at the beach.

There will be taxis lined up in the parking lots at the beach or if you prefer the bus, just walk up a little further to the street and one will eventually come by and stop to get you back. Either method is very simple.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info. We decided to book a short tour with the cruise ship. 2 3/4 hours that includes a trip to Hell, the Turtle Farm and the Tortuga Rum Factory. We'll back back on the ship in time for lunch and then we'll take a taxi to the beach for the afternoon. I'm rethinking Sea Grape and may do Royal Palms instead.

Archived