October-Feb sailing opinions?

BobKat406

My DH and I received a free cruise certificate to be used October through February to the Western Caribbean. Would love feedback on pros and cons sailing from NYC to caribbean in October/November. Any particularly good weeks (are some better than others). Anyone have experience on a halloween week or thanksgiving week cruise?

For those who have cruised often in this timeframe - is the Atlantic real rough? I am prone to seasickness and although I wear the patch I can still feel the motion 10 times worse than DH does. I have sailed to Bermuda in April and it was a little rough compared to the cruises out of Florida but was able to handle it for the day out and day back.

Thanks in advance.

We sailed from Boston in 2008 over Halloween and the first two days were really rough. This didn't bother us as we don't mind the motion but there were alot of --how should I put it--people not feeling so good. We were told by some that do this run often that the rough seas are pretty common at that time of year. That being said, the remainder of the 10 days were fine, just had to get past the first two days.

Archived