Car Rental

txbighair

We just got back from our cruise. We rented a car on St Marten. All the car rental places are together and easy to find. We rented a jeep for $50 and went to the beaches we wanted to. The island is easy to get around. It was a little scary at times because we didn't know how far the next sign was going to be.

I read on this forum about the traffic so we headed back to ship with a lot of time to spare. It took us about 45 minutes to go through 1 mile of town during the afternoon traffic. I think it was the draw bridge. Not fun for a jeep with no airconditioning.

We would rent a car again if we go back for the day.

We just rented it when we got there. No problem! They want your service. I will add though. Look at the car before you pay. We didn't get what we thought we were paying for. Our jeep didn't look like the picture! :( lesson learned!

Also, did you pay cash or credit. I found this somewhere else...

Car Rentals for Cruise Ship Passengers: Tropical doesn't serve cruise ship passengers, but Panoramic Car Rental does and they are in Philipsburg near the Dr. A. C. Wathey Cruise & Cargo Facilities. We first became aware of them a few years ago and have recommended them to several cruise ship visitors and they've been quite pleased. Here's their website. Ask for Mohamed; call his cell with questions: (011) 599 524 4078. Mention that you heard of him through Jeff Berger's "Everything St. Maarten" website. (The cell is finicky). You can also email him here.

We just got back from our cruise. We rented a car on St Marten. All the car rental places are together and easy to find. We rented a jeep for $50 and went to the beaches we wanted to. The island is easy to get around. It was a little scary at times because we didn't know how far the next sign was going to be.

I read on this forum about the traffic so we headed back to ship with a lot of time to spare. It took us about 45 minutes to go through 1 mile of town during the afternoon traffic. I think it was the draw bridge. Not fun for a jeep with no airconditioning.

We would rent a car again if we go back for the day.

Did you feel that you needed a jeep or would have you preferred to have an airconditioned car?

I would of preferred an airconditioned car. My husband and girls wanted a jeep. I was often outvoted. :) We had to give a credit card when we picked it up but then when we returned we paid with cash. No funny business on our account yet. They have national known companies. I think it is common to rent a car.

I would of preferred an airconditioned car. My husband and girls wanted a jeep. I was often outvoted. :) We had to give a credit card when we picked it up but then when we returned we paid with cash. No funny business on our account yet. They have national known companies. I think it is common to rent a car.

We rent a car as well. The island roads are quite good and we never found the need for a jeep and it is much cooler when you are stuck in traffic like you mentioned in your first post. We rent from a local company and have never had any problems what so ever. Word of mouth with the internet would kill their business if they did not treat their customers properly.

Archived