Eclipse C1 balcony

iSailor

Please help,

Just Booked C1 room 1676.I knew the Balcony some are Bigger.

C1's do not have larger balconies on Solstice class ships. The advantage they have is being aft and beware that these cabins are a long walk to the elevators as there are no aft elevators on this class of ship.

If you want a larger balcony, I would go for 2105 for your sailing. It is a C2 and it is available. 1552 is Aqua class and it's also available (and it's cheaper and better!). Here's the list to check out the cabins that have larger balconies:

Resort Deck (C2): 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110 (Also good, but not as large: 2107, 2108, 2111, 2112)

Penthouse Deck (Aqua): 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610 (Also good, not as large: 1599, 1603, 1604, 1608)

Sky Deck (C2): 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck (1A): 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9266, 9270, 9292

Panorama Deck (C2): 9241, 9296

Vista Deck (1A): 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck (1A): 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck (2C): 6155, 6156

Continental Deck (1A): 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Please help,

Hi Sailkeylargo !

The Solstice Class ships Aft Veranda's are standard size. The only exception is the Corner Suites, which are somewhat larger, due to the Cabin being larger. However, the Aft Veranda's on the Millennium Class ships are significantly larger than other Veranda's.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

I wouldn't wait too long. Those large balcony cabins disappear fast!

BTW, did I understand that the AQ is priced less than CC?

I booked on the ship,got 2 upgrade,it's C3 price,so is a little cheaper than AQ. class.

Please help,

There was a post that had the below information plus a picture of the apt of the Eclipse. I couldn't seem to post the picture. But I was able to post the text.

Some of the C1 balconies are wider than others. Your balcony seems to be mid sized. If one of the larger ones isn't available, I'd still keep the mid-size balcony. There is also a sticky at the top of the Celebrity page on cc where you can check out specific cabins. We had a C1 1206 and we indeed had a wider balcony. We originally had 1204 until I read this post and was able to move to 1206. We loved this cabin and location. We were in the Baltics last summer, but some days it was too hot to sit on the balcony (yes too hot in the Baltics). We love those aft balconies, but they can be hot in the afternoon.

Widest balconies:

2152, 1674, 1206, 9382

Mid-sized balconies:

2157, 1676, 1670, 1407, 1208, 1202, 9303, 9307, 9378

Smallest balconies:

1672, 1668, 1405, 1409, 1204, 1200, 9301, 9305, 9380, 9376

Your choices all have about the same size balcony. We were in 1204 and know that it was noticeably smaller than 1202 and significantly smaller than 1208. The smallest balconies are not bad, it's just that the difference in the three sizes is just noticeable. I would pick 9380 as it is closer to the center but any of the three would be good cabins.

on this view of the aft and judging only on balcony sizes, I group the aft C1s in 3 categories. Check the width of the balcony wall on either side of the cabin door.

I booked on the ship,got 2 upgrade,it's C3 price,so is a little cheaper than AQ. class.

We, too, did an onboard booking and paid for a C3 and took a C2 (could have gotten the upgrade to the C1, but we specifically wanted a hump balcony cabin, not an aft, so we took the C2). But our price still isn't less than AQ. I'm not following how the cabin you got is still less than an AQ.

There was a post that had the below information plus a picture of the apt of the Eclipse. I couldn't seem to post the picture. But I was able to post the text.

Some of the C1 balconies are wider than others. Your balcony seems to be mid sized. If one of the larger ones isn't available, I'd still keep the mid-size balcony. There is also a sticky at the top of the Celebrity page on cc where you can check out specific cabins. We had a C1 1206 and we indeed had a wider balcony. We originally had 1204 until I read this post and was able to move to 1206. We loved this cabin and location. We were in the Baltics last summer, but some days it was too hot to sit on the balcony (yes too hot in the Baltics). We love those aft balconies, but they can be hot in the afternoon.

Widest balconies:

2152, 1674, 1206, 9382

Mid-sized balconies:

2157, 1676, 1670, 1407, 1208, 1202, 9303, 9307, 9378

Smallest balconies:

1672, 1668, 1405, 1409, 1204, 1200, 9301, 9305, 9380, 9376

Your choices all have about the same size balcony. We were in 1204 and know that it was noticeably smaller than 1202 and significantly smaller than 1208. The smallest balconies are not bad, it's just that the difference in the three sizes is just noticeable. I would pick 9380 as it is closer to the center but any of the three would be good cabins.

on this view of the aft and judging only on balcony sizes, I group the aft C1s in 3 categories. Check the width of the balcony wall on either side of the cabin door.

Thank you so much,thats what I been looking for.

I knew there are different sizes Balcony on Aft cabin.

We, too, did an onboard booking and paid for a C3 and took a C2 (could have gotten the upgrade to the C1, but we specifically wanted a hump balcony cabin, not an aft, so we took the C2). But our price still isn't less than AQ. I'm not following how the cabin you got is still less than an AQ.

Just checked,AQ. Class is $100.00 more than C3

I'd go with AQ for an extra $100, especially if you can land an AQ stateroom on the slanted portion of the hump (i.e. with a large balcony). AQ perks are nice.

Been on Aft Cabin.

Love to watch the ship sail.Most probably I wont change unless is Upgrade to suit.

Thanks for the advise.

On the November 19, 2011 sailing Aqua is $1299 pp, C1 (which is what OP booked) is $1549 pp. That's $500 cheaper for the cabin!! While sailing on the aft is nice, I would definitely choose Aqua over that anyday, especially for the perks including Blu and there's still the deep balcony such as this:

067.jpg

049.jpg

Here's the picture of the aft balcony and you can see 1676.

aftbalcony.jpg

Here's one of the aft balconies:

aftbalcony2.jpg

aftbalcony3.jpg

On the November 19, 2011 sailing Aqua is $1299 pp, C1 (which is what OP booked) is $1549 pp. That's $500 cheaper for the cabin!! While sailing on the aft is nice, I would definitely choose Aqua over that anyday, especially for the perks including Blu and there's still the deep balcony such as this:

067.jpg

049.jpg

Here's the picture of the aft balcony and you can see 1676.

aftbalcony.jpg

Here's one of the aft balconies:

aftbalcony2.jpg

aftbalcony3.jpg

Thank you this picture show very clear of the room I booked.

I would have booked AQ in a New York minute for our TA next November, but our friends are joining us and they are booked in a 1A. We want to dine with them so we went with a C2 (#2105, angled hump, super-large balcony). But I would have loved to dine in Blu!!!

Jo-Ann

I would have booked AQ in a New York minute for our TA next November, but our friends are joining us and they are booked in a 1A. We want to dine with them so we went with a C2 (#2105, angled hump, super-large balcony). But I would have loved to dine in Blu!!!

Jo-Ann

When you do, you will be very happy.

When you do, you will be very happy.

If for any reason they back out, we'll switch to AQ.

I do have a question. We are currently booked, as I mentioned previously, in C2 cabin on a TA for next November. I have a gut feeling our friends may wind up cancelling. We did an onboard booking, so we got the free upgrade and $300 OBC. We're going to be onboard RCI this October for a TA, and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to "double book" the TA on Celebrity for next year so that in case our friends cancel, we can do the AQ? In other words, I'll keep the C2 for now, but if down the road our friends cancel, I'd have the AQ also lined up. If they wind up cancelling, I'll cancel out the C2. If they stay, we'll cancel the AQ. I'm just thinking I'd like to book while onboard and I know I won't know by this October whether or not they will be cancelling for Nov. 2012.

Anybody know?

If for any reason they back out, we'll switch to AQ.

I do have a question. We are currently booked, as I mentioned previously, in C2 cabin on a TA for next November. I have a gut feeling our friends may wind up cancelling. We did an onboard booking, so we got the free upgrade and $300 OBC. We're going to be onboard RCI this October for a TA, and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to "double book" the TA on Celebrity for next year so that in case our friends cancel, we can do the AQ? In other words, I'll keep the C2 for now, but if down the road our friends cancel, I'd have the AQ also lined up. If they wind up cancelling, I'll cancel out the C2. If they stay, we'll cancel the AQ. I'm just thinking I'd like to book while onboard and I know I won't know by this October whether or not they will be cancelling for Nov. 2012.

Anybody know?

I would suggest that you switch to Aqua instead of "double booking" so you can get the cabin you want, whether your friends go or not. We travel with a group of 10 friends, most of whom did not book Aqua on our last cruise but we wanted to try it out. You are not REQUIRED to eat in Blu even though you have that as your assigned dining room. You are also able to eat in the MDR either on the select dining option, or if your friends join you, you can go see the head maitr'd when boarding the ship and get assigned to their table so you can dine with them if you want. That's what we did. We probably ate 2 nights in Blu, 3 nights in the MDR and 2 in specialty restaurants. We would check the menu that is posted each day outside of Blu and the MDR and decide where we wanted to eat. Blu has wonderful breakfast and the first night they have filet mignon which is really good. You can't really go wrong with Aqua if the price is right, especially with all the extra perks such as the bottled water, tea and free access to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation room. Loved, loved, the shower in Aqua class.

I would suggest that you switch to Aqua instead of "double booking" so you can get the cabin you want, whether your friends go or not. We travel with a group of 10 friends, most of whom did not book Aqua on our last cruise but we wanted to try it out. You are not REQUIRED to eat in Blu even though you have that as your assigned dining room. You are also able to eat in the MDR either on the select dining option, or if your friends join you, you can go see the head maitr'd when boarding the ship and get assigned to their table so you can dine with them if you want. That's what we did. We probably ate 2 nights in Blu, 3 nights in the MDR and 2 in specialty restaurants. We would check the menu that is posted each day outside of Blu and the MDR and decide where we wanted to eat. Blu has wonderful breakfast and the first night they have filet mignon which is really good. You can't really go wrong with Aqua if the price is right, especially with all the extra perks such as the bottled water, tea and free access to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation room. Loved, loved, the shower in Aqua class.

Pretty much the only reason we would book AQ is to eat every evening in Blu. And since we're traveling with just one other couple, we wouldn't want to leave them to eat in the MDR by themselves while we go to Blu.

I think we'll just wait it out and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Archived