best way from Ensenada to San Diego

willing292

The cruise line transfer is the best idea because you get through the long, long line up at the boarder when you're on the transfer bus provided by the ship. If you take a private car transfer, you could be waiting to go through US Immigration for two hours. It's about an hour's drive to San Diego and then another 90 minutes or longer, depending on traffic, down to LAX.

We wouldn't even consider anything but the ship's transfer. We were on Radiance in fall of 2003 from Honolulu to Ensenada. It's a great cruise and we loved the ship. HOWEVER, unless things have changed, we arrived in Ensenada and were off the ship by 6:30AM! We had about a day's warning that wake-up call would be as I remember 4AM! You should have heard the jibber jabber about THAT from everyone onboard! Also, it was SO FOGGY that morning (and still dark) that you couldn't really see anything. Actually everything went really well, was very organized, buses were there waiting for us, the border crossing went smoothly, and we didn't even need to get off the bus. An official came onboard and checked passports. We would do this trip again in a heartbeat. You can make a big deal out of the inconvenience or you can just roll with the punches! We prefer the latter attitude! It was an experience we have fun telling about. You may read other not so positive stories about this same topic, but we would never even consider any other transportation than that provided by the ship when ending in Ensenada.

I would echo the previous poster. We did this cruise in 2002 & the same thing happened. The schedule shows the ship arriving in Ensenada at 7am. It arrives at 2am or so and everyone is off by 7am.We had to be at our assembly point by 530am and were taken to the bus at about 645am. The reason is the ship has to get to San Diego for the next trip. The bus ride is the only way to go & not much fun.We lined up at the border in the bus for at least an hour before we filed off & through immigration. We arrived in San Diego at about 1115am and checked into our hotel in time to watch the ship sail into port.It was a great cruise and we loved the ship but I saw enough ot Ensenada and that part of Mexico to last me a lifetime.

Archived