Hotel with shuttle near LAX - 10:30 p.m. arrival

zookeeper

We will arrive at LAX at 10:04 p.m. and need to find a hotel to sleep in before our cruise the next day out of San Pedro. I figure with our late arrival that getting a hotel near LAX, rather than going into San Pedro that night, would be the best bet. Does anyone know of hotels around LAX that have shuttles that run late in the night? As we will only be there to sleep, don't care about the amenities, only a good, clean place to sleep!

..SO, best thing to do is to just stay in one of the chain hotels near LAX along Century Boulevard--Radisson, Courtyard, Embassy Suites North, Sheraton Gateway, Four Points, Crowne Plaza, Marriott, Hilton...Those are all within a couple of blocks of the terminals and have free shuttles...

From another recent thread.

There are a huge number of hotels around the airport in all kinds of price ranges. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites South and North and Comfort Inn and Suites LAX. They all have shuttles. The ES were nicer but the CI was cheaper. I am pretty sure all of the major hotels will have shuttles running when you arrive, there are arrivals later than yours.

Jen in SoCal

We will arrive at LAX at 10:04 p.m. and need to find a hotel to sleep in before our cruise the next day out of San Pedro. I figure with our late arrival that getting a hotel near LAX, rather than going into San Pedro that night, would be the best bet. Does anyone know of hotels around LAX that have shuttles that run late in the night? As we will only be there to sleep, don't care about the amenities, only a good, clean place to sleep!

We arrived after 10PM into LAX a few years ago. We reserved Supershuttle to take us to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. The ride, if I remember correctly, was about 30-40 minutes. It did make the day a little longer, but at we appreciated being close to the ship the next morning.

We will be doing the same again in April 2012 ... we have already paid for the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro through Priceline for $65 a night.

Personally, in your situation, even though it will be 1:00 am YOUR time...and, by the time you get your luggage and all, it will be after 2:00 am your time by the time you even get to a hotel in San Pedro, I would still stay in San Pedro...

Staying in an LAX area hotel, you still have to collect luggage and still may wait around for your hotel shuttle...and you still need to check in...and you'll still need a shuttle or taxi down to San Pedro in the morning...

So, the difference between staying at LAX and staying in San Pedro will only be about 20 minutes (won't be any traffic that time of night)...so, it isn't really that big a deal...If you use a taxi or dedicated car service to the hotel, you may even get to San Pedro almost as soon as you would have gotten to your LAX hotel with the hotel shuttle...

BUT, in the morning, it will be much better to be already IN San Pedro...You won't worry about traffic or logistics...You can sleep in if you want...

The two best hotels in San Pedro, the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree, both have free shuttles to the pier...and you're only about 5 minutes away anyway...

It is much more relaxing to have the stress of logistics out of the way...If you stay at LAX, you'll worry about getting your shuttle or taxi...You wion't know how much time to figure in...and, if you want to stay around your hotel a bit, you will be stuck at the largely unattractive LAX area...

I only advise LAX if you have an early flight out the next morning...With a cruise out the next morning, better to be near the cruise...

Thanks so much for all the info.

Never thought about paying for a ride to the DT or CP and then taking the free shuttle to the port the next morning. I think that is a great idea and I think we will go with that. My next question is how do you get DT or CP on Hotwire? Never done that before.

Thanks again for your help! Just bid on Priceline for the first time and got CP for $65 for 10/6/2011 pre-cruise stay.

I see Super Shuttle will take us from the airport to CP for $17 each; however are there any other shuttle services I should check? Don't need a private vehicle; we won't arrive at LAX until 10 p.m.

Try these discount codes for Super Shuttle:

QWEST .... it should give a 15% discount /

UYR59 ... a $3 discount per reservation.

When we were there a few years ago, there was a "craft/food market" on Friday's on the same street that the hotel is on ... a few block up. We also walked down to the Ports of Call ... to Acapulco's for great guacamole.

Archived