Alaska whale watching tour photos

Great shots! Going to make some beautiful prints!!!

What len combos did you take / what did you find usefull?

(I'm starting to think about borrowing my daughter's D60,... its smaller/lighter & better general purpose IQ than my S2.

I was going to only take P&S cams this Alaska trip,...cause I'm lazy, but hey!...)

Thanks for posting the shots!:)

Carmen,

Nice shots ... and some look familiar (see first one below -- looks like we took almost the same picture from the same location :)). Did you do your Whale Watching tour with Harv and Marv?

898974485_SAjPm-M.jpg

898974142_jWvtN-M.jpg

898973387_5npDi-M.jpg

898976091_Ukhz3-M.jpg

898975093_hcQpD-M.jpg

The cruise was a lot of fun and the whale watching was a highlight.

Paul

Hi Blakey,

Those pictures were made with the Canon 40D and the Canon 100-400mm lens. I recently purchased a 7D. The T3i is a good camera and can take just as good pictures as more expensive cameras (i.e. it has the same basic sensor). If the T3i is your first DSLR it will serve you very well.

I always recommend looking at a camera in the store and make sure you like the feel and handling of it.

Paul

Hi Blakey,

Those pictures were made with the Canon 40D and the Canon 100-400mm lens. I recently purchased a 7D. The T3i is a good camera and can take just as good pictures as more expensive cameras (i.e. it has the same basic sensor). If the T3i is your first DSLR it will serve you very well.

I always recommend looking at a camera in the store and make sure you like the feel and handling of it.

Paul

Yes, this will be our first DSLR.

Just curious, did you shoot the whales on continuous or just got lucky with one shot? We're hoping to get some good shots of the whales and whatever else we happen to see (like bears, eagles, and such). :D

Archived