Group T-shirts

VAMommy

Does anyone on here buy matching shirts for your crusing group? If so, where do you order them?

I'm thinking of getting t-shirts for me & my sistes for our Splendor cruise....I wanted something funny since I'll be celebrating a milestong birthday WITHOUT the husband and kids! ;)

I know of 2 places... zazzle.com and cafepress.com... you can design your own on both sites...

If you would rather do it in person (not on a website).. any teeshirt or sports place should be able to do the silk screening.

CustomInk.com was easy to use and provided free help with the design and the shirts turned out great. But please check to see if your group is as interested in dressing alike as you are. I spent around $200 on shirts everyone liked but I don't think any of us actually wore them on the cruise.

I have used VistaPrint.com for our BBQ picnic shirts. I just used their graphic and changed a lot of wording to make it work.

You can always just go to a local shop look under silk screening in the local yellow pages or team apparel.

But please check to see if your group is as interested in dressing alike as you are. I spent around $200 on shirts everyone liked but I don't think any of us actually wore them on the cruise.

Good point, but since it's my birthday and it's just me & my sisters (and I'm the oldest)...they HAVE TO listen to me! Just kidding! I was just going to ask them to wear them the 1st day.

Thanks for all the websites and I'm such a dunce...I didn't even think about our local screen shop!! As my 11 yr old says..."DOH!" :o

My sister and I use customized girl dot com. We had tee-shirts made for our birthday cruises and depending on whose's birthday it is depends on which shirt we wear. When its my birthday I wear the shirt that says "its my birthday and I'm on a cruise" my sister wears the shirt that says "its NOT my birthday and I'm a cruise 2." When we cruise on her birthday she wears the birthday shirt and I wear the non-birthday one.

My sister and I use customized girl dot com. We had tee-shirts made for our birthday cruises and depending on whose's birthday it is depends on which shirt we wear. When its my birthday I wear the shirt that says "its my birthday and I'm on a cruise" my sister wears the shirt that says "its NOT my birthday and I'm a cruise 2." When we cruise on her birthday she wears the birthday shirt and I wear the non-birthday one.

Love it!! I cruise with my sister, so this sounds like a plan I might steal.

OP: For my son's graduation cruise, I used a local t-shirt shop. Picture is in my signature.

If you are only wanting a few shirts made, you will be better off using Carnival Fun Tees vs a Local Screen Printer for pricing. The most expensive part will be getting your screens made. In our area the average cost for a screen is $25 per color and then you pay for each shirt and the imprinting.

I bought some tshirt iron on pages from Avery. You can get them at office depot. You can design your own shirt at thier website. I made this for my kids.

You can print them out on your own printer:D

ScreenHunter_01Mar312201-1.jpg

I bought some tshirt iron on pages from Avery. You can get them at office depot. You can design your own shirt at thier website. I made this for my kids.

You can print them out on your own printer:D

ScreenHunter_01Mar312201-1.jpg

Plain white tee shirts are available rather cheaply from craft stores (A.C. Moore or Michael's) or even sometimes from stores like Walgreen's (where I got them 5 for $10!). The iron-on papers are pretty easy to work with, and making your own is a very cost-effective method when only making a few shirts.

We used the Carnival site for our girls cruise last October and were very pleased!! We wore them the first day embarking and then our beach day in Grand Turk. We also had very nice palm tree sequined shirts for an evening wear. The whole ship called us the 'palm tree ladies' or the 'matching shirt girls'. What a hoot!! Considering shirts for our couples cruise next January but I don't think it would be as much fun and I'm sure the guys would moan and groan. Perfect for girls though!!

Just picked up our group Ts for our 40th anniversary vow renewal cruise to Alaska! I recommend going to a local business as it saves you the shipping and "handling" charges which can be outrageous. We had 10 Ts made including a child's, 3 ladies sizes, 4 men's sizes and 2 extra men's sizes which averaged 11.50 per shirt. That included the artwork, set up, printing and shirts themselves. And they were ready in one week after I approved the artwork.

Tacky? NO, we call it fun! We only ask that everyone wear their shirt for embarkation day until after the Sail Away party we host on our balcony! Then they can change for dinner! WHY? Because it is a conversation starter and makes for some really cute photos for the scrapbooks I make later. And because we are treating for over half the people that are sailing with us and we want to!

Have fun everyone!

I think the T-shirts are a bit tacky also.

Always feel sorry for the teenage kids that are wearing some dayglo shirt saying something like "Sailing with the Stumfels!". I can just imagine the conversations in the cabin, "damn' it! you're going to wear that T-shirt and smile!, Grandma is paying for the cruise and she insists you wear it".

Just one cruiser's opinion, see you on Lido!

Always feel sorry for the teenage kids that are wearing some dayglo shirt saying something like "Sailing with the Stumfels!". I can just imagine the conversations in the cabin, "damn' it! you're going to wear that T-shirt and smile!, Grandma is paying for the cruise and she insists you wear it".

LOL some people just can't resist. The good news is opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has one and some of them are full of $h!t.:D

avery transfer paper, my printer, my design, my iron, walmart tees! i love the personalized tees and feel sorry for those that are so....ummmmm, tacky to comment on something obviously loved by others! bottoms up!

I'm with ya!

Are they pretty true to size?

Thanks

They fit well, but they shrunk ridiculously on the first washing and did not wear well. (Mine fell apart after the 3rd or 4th washing.)

We are going to try a local shop for our t-shirts this year, with a better quality t-shirt to start from.

Bill

Archived