Dawn suite question

croozymooner

I'm trying to decide if we should upgrade from our current mid ship mini suite to an aft-facing penthouse suite for our upcoming 7 day bermuda cruise. It will be myself, husband, and 11 month old son traveling. A balcony is a must, and I figured it was worth the bit extra to have a little bit more room in the mini suite, a bath tub, and a slightly bigger balcony than a regular balcony, but I'm not sure if it's worth it go up one more level. The price difference is about $840 for the 3 of us.

Specifically, will there be an actual separate bedroom with a door from the living area or is it still just a curtain separating the spaces?

I understand NCL has pretty nice suite benefits, but do you think we'd actually use them with an 11 month old?

I understand NCL has pretty nice suite benefits, but do you think we'd actually use them with an 11 month old?

You won't have a separate bedroom, just a curtain. But I think with an 11-month old the extensive room service menu available to suite guests would be very useful. You could put your son down for a nap and have lunch on your balcony or in the evening have your butler serve dinner in your suite since 11-month olds don't usually do well sitting for 2-hour dining room dinners.

You won't have a separate bedroom, just a curtain. But I think with an 11-month old the extensive room service menu available to suite guests would be very useful. You could put your son down for a nap and have lunch on your balcony or in the evening have your butler serve dinner in your suite since 11-month olds don't usually do well sitting for 2-hour dining room dinners.

So we can order anything from the MDR dining menu and have it served in our room?

Moving from a balcony to a mini-suite was just incremental. Moving from a mini to a full suite was life changing!

I think the extra would be well worth it. I'm sure you would enjoy the mini, don't get me wrong. But if you need a vote FOR the suite life, here it is!

So we can order anything from the MDR dining menu and have it served in our room?

You can order anything that is offered at that time at any venue on the ship. There is an extra charge for meals from the specialty restaurants (at dinner - exception of sushi) but Cagney's lunch or breakfast and anything being served in any of the free venues can be brought in by your butler.. I would think having suite benefits would be MORE useful for traveling with an infant, not less.

Robin

Having the butler and concierge would be a blessing. Don't forget, in addition to the fare difference you mentioned the butler and concierge are not in the DSC pool. Still, if it were me I'd do it for sure.

Having traveled with children, if you can justify the extra expense, then GO FOR IT!!!! The shorter wait in line time, the VIP waiting lounge, the extra move around the cabin space, as well as the room service menu is well worth it. And I have older kids that SHOULD be able to handle a two hour dinner!!!

Don't forget, the breakfasts & lunches in Cagney's are not only quicker, but the staff gets to know you (and your child!) and the food is so yummy! We haven't had the aft balcony but for sailing to Bermuda, that will be a great place to sit on the sea days! The down side, once you go suite, it's hard to go back!

Whatever you do, have a great trip! We leave for Bermuda on the GEM in 11 days!!!

You mention aft suite and I don't know when you are sailing, but the only suites left might be on deck 8. If that's the case you should know you will be above the spinnaker lounge. You may have noise.

If it's deck 9 or 10 you would be fine. The balcony on 8 is smaller (as is 9) then the balcony on 10.

Aside from that suites are the best!

Archived