Nov. Shore Excursions??

WildcatCruiser1

My wife and I are on the Ruby in November and as of yet shore excursions aren't available on the Princess personalizer. We've been on Princess before in November and I don't remember the shore excursions not being available in June. Anyone know why they aren't or what the timetable would be for them to be available. Thanks!!

My wife and I are on the Ruby in November and as of yet shore excursions aren't available on the Princess personalizer. We've been on Princess before in November and I don't remember the shore excursions not being available in June. Anyone know why they aren't or what the timetable would be for them to be available. Thanks!!

We cruise in October, but ours are not available yet either. Someone from our roll call contacted Princess a few weeks ago and they said they would be available the beginning of last week. So far, still nothing. I honestly don't think calling will give you any accurate information, you just have to keep checking until they show up as available. There are times when contracts with the tour operators/vendors are waiting to be finalized and we have seen them open as late as 60 days before sailing in the past. ;)

When I called Princess a few days to book our Cruise, I inquired how far out you can book an excursion and she told me 120 days out.

Typical CSR answer. ;) I have seen them open 160 days prior for some cruises, while (as said previously), not until around the 60 day mark on other previous sailings. It all depends on if they have the contracts all signed, sealed and delivered from the tour operators for your cruise. :)

Thanks for the replies.....glad to see we're not the only ones noticing. Obviously the Caribbean Fall/Winter season starts the last of October but I would think they would have a deadline in regard to shore excursions contracts since it isn't like they're going anyplace new.

If they can't reach agreement with the vendor 75 days out, the excursion is usually not offered. Even though they go to the same ports, companies want more money, change ownership, change offerings all the time. Plus they take into account prior feedback.

Thanks for the replies.....glad to see we're not the only ones noticing. Obviously the Caribbean Fall/Winter season starts the last of October but I would think they would have a deadline in regard to shore excursions contracts since it isn't like they're going anyplace new.

When I called Princess a few days to book our Cruise, I inquired how far out you can book an excursion and she told me 120 days out.

Our cruise in April 28/12 is already selling the excursions from the personilizer.:cool:

If they can't reach agreement with the vendor 75 days out, the excursion is usually not offered. Even though they go to the same ports, companies want more money, change ownership, change offerings all the time. Plus they take into account prior feedback.

Sure everything you mention is part of the equation but on our last November cruise with Princess, it seemed like the excursions were available much sooner than 75 days out. In fact I know they were because I knew we were going to go snorkling and went out and bought our own equipment which would only have been available in our area in the summer months.

Bottom line....looks like we'll just keep checking the Princess website.:)

The shorex replete with descriptions, videos, prices, etc for both my November cruises have recently appeared and can be added to my "wish list". I can't book yet, but I can start planning independent vs ship tours, and that's fine with me.

It's only prudent for the cruise line to delay bookings until they have reached a firm agreement with providers.

I hope no one is deterred by the "not available" tag on the booking summary page. That tag remains until bookings open up.

90% of y'all probably know that so forgive me. I mention it only for the benefit of newbies.:)

The shorex replete with descriptions, videos, prices, etc for both my November cruises have recently appeared and can be added to my "wish list". I can't book yet, but I can start planning independent vs ship tours, and that's fine with me.

They converted to "reserve" overnite! Five months out. But, and it's a BIG but, they are for a Caribbean cruise. May not be typical of more exotic itiniraries like The British Isles!:p

Archived