Tipping at Sabatinis?

WNCtourist

If the service was no better and the food was no better than Anytime Dining, I wouldn't leave an additional tip either.

Exactly - that's why we left no additional tip. I would never eat at the Bayou restaurant again. Everything was over salted. Service was slow even though they were not busy. And like I mentioned the service was adequate - nothing above what you get in MDR/Anytime Dining rooms.

However, all our of experiences in the specialty restaurants so far have been outstanding in both food and service. I guess we're just lucky:)!

Happy for you.:) We were not lucky.:(

The dinner in Sabatinis replaces the dinner in MDR. So please deduct from the $70 whatever value you place on the value of dinner in MDR that evening.

I assume the tip is for service not the food.

Secondly, I still have not received response from any of the posters except you how the "service" in Sabatinis compares with service in MDR. You feel that service in MDR is not worth a penny of extra tip yet Sabatinis service deserves "at least" $20 in "extra" tips. You (and perhaps Toto) must be getting very inadequate service in MDR! Toto -- how much extra do you leave in MDR (on a per dinner basis)? That is the issue I am raising -- a comparison.

I do see what you are saying Sultan. Say you have a great serving team in the MDR for a seven day cruise and go to Sabatini's one night, get excellent service and food, and tip $10 pp for that one meal. Do people also tip their regular wait staff that $10 pp extra for the meals they eat in the MDR over and above the auto tip? If not and your service has been great in both venues, why does the specialty restaurant waiter deserve more in tips than the MDR waiter that serves you well all week? Just asking.

Archived