Anchorage- jc penney

CRUISEADIK

I called and asked and the person I spoke with didn't know where it went. There are several around town although I lose sight of them after seeing them so often. I know the airport has one down by the commuter ticket counters that is staring down a deer and there used to be a polar bear but I haven't see it lately. I have a photo of it from the 1960's with my aunt standing next to it.

Cruiseadik - you're sailing on the Amsterdam's 14 day itinerary, aren't you? If so - and if it doesn't have to be specific to Anchorage - you'll be in for a treat in our port stop of Kodiak! We saw several HUGE taxidermied bears (and other AK wildlife) in every single sporting goods store! Our local cab driver actually took us to atleast 2 sporting goods stores just to see the "wildlife" that was no longer wild! One was called Cy's Sporting Goods, if I'm not mistaken, and can't remember the other - but should be easy enough to find by googling it. Good luck in your big game hunt!;)

Chilkoot: Thank you so much for your efforts, I am partial to bears, am alumni from Baylor(sic'um Bears). We will certainly keep a look out for those you mentioned.

AIP:Thanks also, we have a tour booked with Dake and hope to see some wildlife, will look in the hardware store.

Archived