Pride of America Smoking Policy

anniegb

If it's not smoke its colgne if its not colgne its fat people in the buffet lines or fumes from cars and trucks and the list goes on.

You have two choices either cruise or stay home and live in a bubble its a s simple as that.

These conversations would take on a different tone if we were all in the same room face to face to one another.

Life is too short to bitch about issues, we need to learn to deal with it and move on.

Don't like it don't cruise simple!

cologne doesn't pose it's own significant health hazards without any outlying factors. obesity is a health choice you make for yourself that does not impact someone else's health. i believe the op's choice is to not cruise based on smoking policy so not sure about point being made about so don't cruise. also for some people the health hazrd of second hand smoke is so significant that when something like a cruise doesn't provide a safe environment because of their policies then there is no choice...you are forced not to cruise no bubble about it.

cologne doesn't pose it's own significant health hazards without any outlying factors. obesity is a health choice you make for yourself that does not impact someone else's health. i believe the op's choice is to not cruise based on smoking policy so not sure about point being made about so don't cruise.

I noticed you did not comment on fumes of vehicles. I think that the posters point was, that there are many things out there that affect many people, there family and friends and sorry but no matter what you omit from the world there is always going to be something that is going to affect health in some way or another. So either live in a bubble or buck up and deal with things. Has anyone ever taken a look at a factory smokestack that yes has had some enviromental changes over the years but they cannot make them totally none hazardous in order to make the products to make that pretty sofa you sit on daily. And yes cologne is a lot more dangerous than certain people will admit but of course they want to use it so lets just ignore the Stats.

Statistics tell us a lot of things are dangerous, it is funny how certain people wish to ignore certain ones and latch on to others.

I noticed you did not comment on fumes of vehicles. I think that the posters point was, that there are many things out there that affect many people, there family and friends and sorry but no matter what you omit from the world there is always going to be something that is going to affect health in some way or another. So either live in a bubble or buck up and deal with things. Has anyone ever taken a look at a factory smokestack that yes has had some enviromental changes over the years but they cannot make them totally none hazardous in order to make the products to make that pretty sofa you sit on daily.

Statistics tell us a lot of things are dangerous, it is funny how certain people wish to ignore certain ones and latch on to others.

sorry i missed car fumes again the impact is enciromental but still an indirect impact which is why there are laws about fuel emissions that research shows will help to maintain a healthy environment.

sorry i missed car fumes again the impact is enciromental but still an indirect impact which is why there are laws about fuel emissions that research shows will help to maintain a healthy environment.

As I said some choose to believe what they wish to believe and no amount of data will convince them otherwise. Why? because they want to drive the wonderful vehicle and believe what the manufacturers are required to do will somehow make the world a healthier place.

As I said some choose to believe what they wish to believe and no amount of data will convince them otherwise. Why? because they want to drive the wonderful vehicle and believe what the manufacturers are required to do will somehow make the world a healthier place.

or smoke regardless of the dangers to themselves, loved ones, or others around them no matter what the facts say right?

or smoke regardless of the dangers to themselves, loved ones, or others around them no matter what the facts say right?

Yes thats exactly my point that some perceive dangers from certain things and some don't. It's all in what people wish to believe.

Yes thats exactly my point that some perceive dangers from certain things and some don't. It's all in what people wish to believe.

obviously some refuse TO BELIEVE FACTS is my point which is what I rely on. Unfortunately there are some who will choose to do whatever they want regardless of the direct impact it has on others. you seem very angry and aggressive about peple asking for a smokefree environnent . people arent telling you not to cruise (like they did the op) they simply asking for areas that are smokefree(like their own room and balcony) because of known health concerns. there are no perceptions only direct facts. by the way i grew up in a family of smokers who most have died of cancer directly linked to smoking. i also have been impacted by second hand smoke. i know the facts regarding these dangers and should be able to enjoy a vacation on a cruuse(public place) smokefree just as smokers should be able to choose to take a vacation on a cruise and have a cigarette hence the different areas of the ship. why so angry abiut people voicing their desire to vacation in a smokefree environment?

obviously some refuse TO BELIEVE FACTS is my point which is what I rely on. Unfortunately there are some who will choose to do whatever they want regardless of the direct impact it has on others. you seem very angry and aggressive about peple asking for a smokefree environnent . people arent telling you not to cruise (like they did the op) they simply asking for areas that are smokefree(like their own room and balcony) because of known health concerns. there are no perceptions only direct facts. by the way i grew up in a family of smokers who most have died of cancer directly linked to smoking. i also have been impacted by second hand smoke. i know the facts regarding these dangers and should be able to enjoy a vacation on a cruuse(public place) smokefree just as smokers should be able to choose to take a vacation on a cruise and have a cigarette hence the different areas of the ship. why so angry abiut people voicing their desire to vacation in a smokefree environment?

As I said some peoples facts are other's beliefs. Choose to believe what you want. I have not said anything angry or agressive. And if you research you will find I did not flame the OP for what she chose to do.

As I said some peoples facts are other's beliefs. Choose to believe what you want. I have not said anything angry or agressive. And if you research you will find I did not flame the OP for what she chose to do.

Definition of fact: a proven truth

Beliefs have nothing to do with it. Facts are evidence supported truths. I thought your responses were aggressive regarding smokefree environments the only thing you said about the op was that you were glad she chose not to gO so she wouldn't come back on here and complain about smoke. That doesn't sound all that much like a good thing but maybe I am misunderstanding.

I have voiced my support of ops concerns and suggestion which I think she phrased nicely. I am afraid we are on the verge of turning this thread into a private conversation so this will be my last post on the matter.

Also for the record I have appreciated your experience and advice on other aspects or questions posted.

We sailed on the spirit about 3 years ago and had a balcony room. Everytime I went out to enjoy a few minutes on my balcony the woman inthe next cabin had the same idea. She lit up every time and the smoke came right at me ,so I was driven back in to my cabin. We just got back from the magic where we had an aft cabin and thankfully nobody smoked around us. Personally I don't think anybody should be allowed to smoke in the cabins. The toxins get into the carpeting ,the linens, etc. The other issue is it is a fire hazard.

Wow op I am thoroughly surprised by the somewhat attacking responses you have had. I believe as you do that smokers have a right to smoke and I would not Want to infringe on their rights... But non smokers also deserve not to have their rights infringed upon either(to be smokefree). A point that seems to be missed is that smoking is a health hazard... Second hand smoke can be significantly dangerous. Many DO have strong adverse reactions to cigarette smoke on top of the typical dangers that have been proven to be associated with second hand smoke. I too am surprised that they don't make one floor or one side of the shipdesignated for smokers or for the nonsmokers. I have posted my own questions about smoking on cruises as well and felt many provided very helpful information.. I am very shocked at the aggressively negative responses you have had to your(I thought) nicely phrased question/concerns.

Thanks - yes the posts were very revealing. Very defensive.

As someone said, I was researching the subject, because of the many recent changes on other cruiselines, to enable me to make an informed decision.

My dollars, my choice.

Annie

Of all the cruises to cancel for this reason, I really don't think this should be it. The itinerary is so port intensive that you'd barely even be on the ship, much less in your stateroom for extended periods of time. I've been on the POA, in an inside, and had no problems at all. No problems on the public decks either, unless we were standing near the smoking areas and in that case, we just moved.

Currently, most major cruise lines do allow smoking in staterooms and have done so for a long time. There have been very few complaints about smoky cabins around this site, mostly just balcony neighbours. The exceptions to this rule are Royal Carribbean (forbidden in cabins but still allowed on balconies) and Celebrity (not allowed in cabins or on balconies). In December/January, Carnival, Princess, and HAL will no longer be allowing smoking in staterooms and Princess is also banning smoking on balconies. Maybe you should consider one of those lines instead.

Thanks - yes the posts were very revealing. Very defensive.

As someone said, I was researching the subject, because of the many recent changes on other cruiselines, to enable me to make an informed decision.

My dollars, my choice.

Annie

I think you got a lot interest in your post because you said you were cancelling your cruise not researching it.

Archived