Thomson Rome Excursions

It's our 1st cruise and we would like some advise on the best trip to book for seeing Rome as we have not been there before looking at the various trips on the Thomson site the Rome Express looks ok, has enyone been on this trip

It's our 1st cruise and we would like some advise on the best trip to book for seeing Rome as we have not been there before looking at the various trips on the Thomson site the Rome Express looks ok, has enyone been on this trip

Hi, there's been a lot of posts on this subject recently. The most recent is the thread on Citavecchia lower down the page. I would suggest that you do a search on the forum from the main thread page for Rome to bring up the posts as there are quite a lot.:):)

Jan

We did the Classical sights and Vatican City tour with Thomson earlier this month. The journey into Rome took quite a while so maybe the train would be quicker. We saw most of the major sites in the morning but only from the bus - we had lunch in a pizza restaurant and then on to the Vatican City for the rest of the afternoon. We enjoyed the day but if you want to see any sites close up it may be better to take another tour or do your own thing.

We did Rome by coach last year as I am a bit disabled and wouldn't cope with the walking that is involved, also the heat. The trip by coach was very worthwhile and I didn't think I missed anything.

We did the Classical sights and Vatican City tour with Thomson earlier this month. The journey into Rome took quite a while so maybe the train would be quicker. We saw most of the major sites in the morning but only from the bus - we had lunch in a pizza restaurant and then on to the Vatican City for the rest of the afternoon. We enjoyed the day but if you want to see any sites close up it may be better to take another tour or do your own thing.

Hi GinoG

We are interested in doing this excursion. How did you find the Vatican City? Did you get to see everything you wanted, how were the queues and is the entrance fee included? We know we can't do everything in one day so we'll have to choose and do the other things another time. Thanks.:):)

Jan

Hi just returned from the Roman Epic and we did the Classic sights & Vatican, yes you do see most of the museum on your way to cistene chapel (beware NO phtographs allowed in chapel). The entrance fee is included in the price and as for queues, they were long but with a guided tour you go straight in once you get your radio and headphone sorted.

Hi just returned from the Roman Epic and we did the Classic sights & Vatican, yes you do see most of the museum on your way to cistene chapel (beware NO phtographs allowed in chapel). The entrance fee is included in the price and as for queues, they were long but with a guided tour you go straight in once you get your radio and headphone sorted.

Thanks for thanks. Just what I wanted to know.:):)

Jan

Archived