Formal Night on Oasis

We were on Oasis June 25-July 2. Outside of a 17yo wearing his [jersey-shore-style] baseball cap one night, and another night a family of 4 sitting not far from us, wearing cargo shorts and sneakers :eek: Most folks were dressed nicely. on the formal nights the majority of people were dressed nicely. Could have merely been slacks/tie/sports coat for men and dress for the lady, but people looked "nice". Definitely less tuxedos, but some still strolled the promenade and shows. I admit, DD and I went cocktail dress, but dont let people persuade anyone into thinking gowns are a thing of the past, because there are many women wearing beautiful gowns...

We were on Oasis June 25-July 2. Outside of a 17yo wearing his [jersey-shore-style] baseball cap one night, and another night a family of 4 sitting not far from us, wearing cargo shorts and sneakers :eek: Most folks were dressed nicely. on the formal nights the majority of people were dressed nicely. Could have merely been slacks/tie/sports coat for men and dress for the lady, but people looked "nice". Definitely less tuxedos, but some still strolled the promenade and shows. I admit, DD and I went cocktail dress, but dont let people persuade anyone into thinking gowns are a thing of the past, because there are many women wearing beautiful gowns...

We actually paid less to purchase a tuxedo for my 18 year old than to rent one for prom. You can bet he will be wearing it on his next cruise on the Oasis. No one else might notice or care but we will be one fabulous looking family! (at least according to the very unbiased mom....)

Well this will only be my 2nd cruise..

My 1st was the Navigator of the Seas

My husband wore a suit and I wore a gown.

I will be sailing on the Oasis April 2013 and will be wearing a cocktail dress or gown and my hubby will be wearing a suit........

I personally am looking forward to dressing up as I think it just makes the cruise complete............

At the rates these airlines are charging for luggage I think you're going to start seeing a lot of formal night disappering more than before. We're fixing to go on our first out of state cruise...we're going to fly to Ft Lauderdale. I will be packing very very very light since we couldn't get a good flight on Southwest.

You have got to be a Texan :p

• 1 month later...
I am “tickled” that folks pay a couple of thousand dollars to take a cruise vacation, and balk at a $25 bag fee.

For me, I find that a cocktail dress takes up way less space than slacks and a top, and no more space than a sundress. If my husband is going to pack a sport jacket and slacks ( to be less formal) , isn’t that the same luggage space as a suit?

Let me say - I really don’t care what folks wear. Many have become more casual for years, so the $25 bag cost is a convenient excuse.

Whatever.

M

I am not cheap but i hate giving my dollars to the airlines. They provide less service to their customers than any other. Hotels, cruise lines, car rentals etc

Archived