Please tell me If celebrity is for me

James&Rob

Someone made the comment if you like the rock climbing and freesyle dining you have experienced before Celebrity isn't for you: well from the ships you have sailed I don't think you have experienced either, but if fun and late into the night activities are what you are looking for RCI or Carnival would be better bets. On the other hand if you found the atmosphere and night life to your liking on Princess than maybe you should give Celebrity a try. In many ways the cruiselines are very similar. As has been mentioned statistics do show Celebrity does draw a little older and most upscale group, but we have been on Celebrity when it was filled with kids. We are in our 60s, travel, with friends or our oldest daughter and her husband, do like to have a great time, but are not part of the 1am or 2am disco crowd: We loved Celebrity for the service as well as the food and little nicieties they offer. We are planning on 2 cruises with them this year. Yet, to be honest, the slightly more refined, subdued attitude of the cruisers and the staff are not as much to our liking. We are very relaxed, mid west/southwest types. Maybe down to earth will is the word I am looking for. This is not to be seen as slamming anyone or any line. After so many cruises we are inclined to choose based on itinerary and price, not line. From what you have said, I think you are wise to stick with the lines you have tried or give NCL or RCI a try, both fall inbetween Carnival and Celebrity. NMNita

Archived