Aft Suites on Dawn--Old Romance now SF

susanrobert

Hi, has anyone sailed in one of these cabins recently? We have one booked later this summer as a quad. I cannot seem to find any information on the new bedding showing how they are reconfiguring the cabin from a double to a quad. I'm trying to make sure we are all going to fit comfortably. We originally had an SC booked but they moved us due to the construction.

Thanks and I apologize if this has been asked. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

We'll be staying in one in just a couple of weeks (cannot wait!!!) ... there will be four of us in the room; my husband and I and two rather large teenage boys ... I'll let you know how (if) we all fit!

Either we'll take turns sleeping in shifts or the boys will sleep on the floor on the lounge chair cushions, HA!

No matter what, I know we'll have a blast!!!

I'll keep you posted ...

I saw a thread where someone stayed in an aft SF suite after drydock (a couple) and it was said the 2 seat couch from before drydock was still in the cabin. I don't know if they've changed out the couch for a larger one yet. I hope so since 4 would be tough if it hasn't changed.

My wife & I stayed in 10728 and loved the room and its location, but I think it would be crowded with 4. I'm sure there are many who would make it work though.

Enjoy the suite life!

I saw a thread where someone stayed in an aft SF suite after drydock (a couple) and it was said the 2 seat couch from before drydock was still in the cabin. I don't know if they've changed out the couch for a larger one yet. I hope so since 4 would be tough if it hasn't changed.

My wife & I stayed in 10728 and loved the room and its location, but I think it would be crowded with 4. I'm sure there are many who would make it work though.

Enjoy the suite life!

10728 is the cabin we have booked!! I hope it's not too small. We were downgraded from an SC (old AB) which is what we're used to. Oh well, at least the balcony will be big!!

Enjoy the suite life!

That was me! :)

Yes as of the first of June the small love seat in 10728 was NOT convertible into a bed of any size. I too will be interested to see how they are planning on fitting four into that suite. Honestly, I cannot imagine it. :eek:

I'm sure we will make it work somehow (even with two 'over 6 ft teenage boys'). Our first cruise was on the Spirit two years ago and we managed in a tiny inside cabin with me on a twin bed, my boys on the bunk beds (fold down wall bed thingie) and my husband on a pull out mattress on the floor between me and the boys ... certainly not the MOST ROMANTIC cruise ever, but a week of FUN FUN FUN!!! Loved every minute of it and I'm sure this time we'll have a great time too ... even if we're sleeping on the deck!!!

I'm sure we will make it work somehow (even with two 'over 6 ft teenage boys'). Our first cruise was on the Spirit two years ago and we managed in a tiny inside cabin with me on a twin bed, my boys on the bunk beds (fold down wall bed thingie) and my husband on a pull out mattress on the floor between me and the boys ... certainly not the MOST ROMANTIC cruise ever, but a week of FUN FUN FUN!!! Loved every minute of it and I'm sure this time we'll have a great time too ... even if we're sleeping on the deck!!!

With that great attitude, you will have a wonderful cruise regardless of the sleeping arrangements. But I think it will work out fine since the cabin is advertised as accomodating 4.

10728 is the cabin we have booked!! I hope it's not too small. We were downgraded from an SC (old AB) which is what we're used to. Oh well, at least the balcony will be big!!

No pun intended, but I am in the same boat. We have this same room July29th with 2 adults, an 18 yr old and a 15 yr old... I am not sure how we will all fit, but I had a conference call with NCL and my TA and they promise me that we will all fit.

I want to hear all about it...

Lisa

With that great attitude, you will have a wonderful cruise regardless of the sleeping arrangements. But I think it will work out fine since the cabin is advertised as accomodating 4.

I call it my "Latitude Attitude"! :cool:

We were in the 2 bedroom suite (was AB) but with SIX people!! Our four college kids!! We were very crowded. But the suite was so nice, and eating together at Cagney's so wonderful--in the end, it was just fantastic--maybe even better being crowded!!

We actually found that our schedules did work out great--the kids stayed out really late and then they slept until noon. We had the suite to ourselves through the evening, then we got up and showered and were out before the kids even got up!! It was odd the way it so perfectly worked out. Only on mornings when we were all getting up to go on an excursion did we find ourselves falling all over each other--LOL

You've got a great attitude and you'll surely find space for everyone to sleep!:D

cruisinmama06 - I saw the photos on your original thread, but I never get tired of looking at my cabin. In fact, I'm in withdrawal at the moment since we've cruised to Bermuda the last three years at this time, but not this year. Your pictures will have to do, especially the beautiful Bermuda sky (instead of rainy Boston).

Thanks for the pick-me-up!

cruisinmama06 - I saw the photos on your original thread, but I never get tired of looking at my cabin. In fact, I'm in withdrawal at the moment since we've cruised to Bermuda the last three years at this time, but not this year. Your pictures will have to do, especially the beautiful Bermuda sky (instead of rainy Boston).

Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Aww thanks! :D We'll be heading back to Bermuda in October. And I will be staying AFT -- though in a B1 -- not a suite, unless the upgrade/upsell fairy comes calling.

So I will have inside pictures of some AFT balcony cabins in a couple of months. :)

I, too, would love to hear how these rooms now accommodate 4. My husband and I stayed in one on Deck 8 last year for our honeymoon, and we are getting ready to book 3 of them for Bermuda next year. One cabin will have us and our 7 month old (currently still in utero :), one will be my parents, and one will be my sister, her husband and their three year old. I've been telling my sister that there would probably be a fold-out sofa for the toddler, but maybe they have put in bunks? Not sure where they would go in those rooms as there wasn't really a good space to place them along a wall.

Another question along this line is: does anyone know if the noise level has changed on Deck 8 now that Spinnaker is just below on Deck 7?

Archived