change of wedding plans due to military deployment

HELP!!!

I have already paid for the cruise and the wedding that is to happen on the Mariner of the Seas on September 25th. But, now I was told today at drill, I am being deployed overseas for 21 days starting the day before the wedding is to happen. Please help!!! There is so much that has to be changed, I don't know where to begin or who to talk to. Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated due to the circumstances. If you need any information from us please let me know. Thank you very much.

gambrell07@aol.com

I'm soo sorry to hear you're being deployed right before your wedding! I work with the DOD and understand how unpredictable life can be.

You should be able to get FULL refund on the cruise costs because you're before final payment. Did you book through a travel agent or a website?

For the wedding, I believe all the wedding costs are refundable as long as you cancel within a certain window before the wedding, minus a small administrative fee (150.00 or something like that). Have you called Royal Romance and told them you need to cancel yet? I think with Princess you could cancel within 60 days for a full refund, then within 30 days for a partial refund. I could have those day amounts wrong, but even if it's 90 days you should be fine.

Good Luck!

Kadie

Archived