Bermuda Wedding via NCL Gem June '11

I'm Back!!

Although I did not book via The Wedding Experience the Gem staff was great! We worked mainly with Elwynn the Group Service Coordinator (she was so helpful and always checking in to make sure everything was running smooth). She set up the Cagneys Dinner and Cocktail party that I used my amenity points to get and occompanied me to meet with the Bermuda officials.

* In case any of you are wanting to do a unity sand ceremony, the Bermuda Custom Officials did not let me take the sand off the ship. You may be able to use/purchase sand from the island or something, I'm not sure how you could do it. So we are doing it at the reception this weekend.

Bermuda Bride was great (both Nikki who I talked to in the beginning and Lara who was my actual coordinator), they were very easygoing and helpful with all of the questions I had. They are very good at what they do and are full of advice. We originally wanted to have the wedding at Horseshoe Bay Beach but Lara was concerned with the ammout of ships in port that it would be over crowded (which was very true when we visited our first day in port). So she suggested Warwick Long Bay and it was beauiful! I cannot believe after all of the times we've been to Bermuda that we missed this one. They handled everything from their end and I did not have to worry about it at all. I only ordered, an I pod dock/speakers (to play my playlist), 13 Chairs and a bamboo arbor with white tulle draped on it. However, you had options of everything from a champagne toast to a steel drum band.

Lara had given me a handfull of photogrophers to choose from and we picked Amanda Temple because her pictures are beautiful (Cannot wait for them to come in :).

Any questions let me know

My dd is planning a wedding in July 2012 that sounds somewhat like yours..May I ask how expensive the bamboo arbor with tulle was?? Can you give me give me a ballpark number so we can plan?

Your photos are beautiful and we are using Amanda Temple, also.

Thanks.. Michele

• 2 weeks later...

Archived