Booking Specialty Restaurant -- Questions

I've never done one and would like to try it out -- Chops this time out.

Several questions first;

1) When can you make reservations? We're still 9 months out and when I recently tried, the web-site stated "currently not available".

2) I assume its not advisable to book once on board?

3) Will a party of 8 adults be a problem?

4) How do you chose which night? Specifically, I would like to attend the MDR on formal nights.

I have NO IDEA why someone hasn't replied to you yet :confused:

If you contact customer service they will tell you that booking of My Time Dining and Specialty reservations will open up 90 days from your cruise. Sometimes it opens early and sometimes late. ... But 9 months is way too early.

You can book once you get on board ... but for a party of 8 I would go ahead and book now. Just be aware that you will be charged now. If this makes you want to wait, just book as soon as you get on board.

Formal nights are usually the 2nd and 6th night

Hope this helps :)

You will have to call Customer Service and have all the Reservation numbers involved. On the web site you can only book a max of 6 at at time. When you phone have all the names and which reservation numbers are attached to the name. If any are in suites use their names first (they get priority for booking things). When you book ahead of cruise you must pay by CC right away. Chops is now $30.00/person so 8 x $30 = $240.

As above this an entertainment open about 100-60 days out (they open them in 3 month slots so it could be as early as 100 days out or as little as 60 days out).

If you are in a suite contact the Concierge at 130 days out and have him arrange it for you. Again have all names and ressie available for him/her.

From my experience, I have eaten at both Chops and Portofino several times while on my 4 cruises. I have never booked online. I have always booked while onboard because I wanted to see which nights the MDR menu did not appeal to me. The menu is different each night and so I picked 2 nights where there really wasn't anything on the menu that I wanted and so I called the restaurant from my stateroom telephone and book a table for my wife and I. I have never had a problem doing this. Normally they will bend over backwards to get you a table. Enjoy!

From my experience, I have eaten at both Chops and Portofino several times while on my 4 cruises. I have never booked online. I have always booked while onboard because I wanted to see which nights the MDR menu did not appeal to me. The menu is different each night and so I picked 2 nights where there really wasn't anything on the menu that I wanted and so I called the restaurant from my stateroom telephone and book a table for my wife and I. I have never had a problem doing this. Normally they will bend over backwards to get you a table. Enjoy!

That is exactly what I was thinking. Go to Chops on a night when the MDR menu wasn't "good". My only concern would be our party of 8 people.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I have several months to decide

Archived