Helicopter tours and seating

Lainey Elizabeth

I am wanting to book a helicopter Glacier landing and/or float plane excursion on my upcoming Celebrity Mercury Cruise. I will be booking through Celebrity since I am the only one in our group who wants to do these excursions and am more comfortable booking directly with the ship since I will be alone.

Can anyone comment on the seating on the helicopters or planes? Are all seats window seats? If not can you see very well if you don't have a window?

With a ship contractor ERA they do have some aircraft with middle seats. Your concern would best be solved by booking direct, I can understand your "unease" at doing this but it is completely unfounded. Consider contacting Coastal or TEMSCO direct and inquire about their seating directly? They sometimes load according to weight with no choice of the particular seat, but if you reserve directly in advance for a window seat, then that is what you will get.

In responding to the above, the shore excursion desk will not be able to guarantee you a window seat and it's too late then most likely for an independent option. Find out this information and reserve ahead if it is important to you.

Archived