Windjammer vs. Island Grille

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Windjammer and the Island Grille? I keep reading about the Island Grille, but I don't see it as being listed on the Voyager of the Seas, yet people seem to refer to it. Is it a second venue on the ship to eat at in a buffet style? Or is it perhaps on another ship altogether? :o

Yeah they had both on Adventure. There wasn't really a HUGE difference. Like they're both in the same area. They both had the same things except at lunch the Island Grille part had the pizza, burgers and fries whereas the Windjammer part didn't. And during "snack time" they closed down the island grille part and only had food out at the Windjammer part.

That's all that really differed from what I noticed.

The Island Grill is the back section of the Windjammer buffet. It has grilled food like hot dogs and hamburgers that the Windjammer (the front part) doesn't normally have. The Island Grill has most of the same other food too so if there is any line at the front of the two Windjammer buffet lines, head straight to the back of the ship and eat there. We never encountered any lines there. It's easy to take food from both sections if you see something at the front that the Island Grill doesn't have.

Thanks so much for your help. I had no idea and the ship description doesn't even list the Island Grille as a dining venue. My other question is what exactly is "snack time"? Is it just a different variety of buffet items or is that the ice cream buffet I hear about occasionally.:cool:

Snack time is the time between lunch and dinner. It's good if you come back to the ship late. They have salad, burgers, hot dogs, nacho chips and cheese, waffles w/ strawberry/chocolate sauce and stuff to tie you over to dinner if you should get hungry!

Archived