Port Canveral - Where to Stay?

jackinthebox422

We are on the SUN in Feb and will be driving from Upstate N Y. We decided it is better to drive than chance the rail or planes with our favorite weather feature SNOW.

Driving to Fl is no issue as we go to Daytona Beach yearly, but we plan to go to PC on Friday night, just so we know we are there and can relax. While not looking for high end, a good hotel would be nice, restaurant, pool etc. I have seen pleople mention the Radisson, any others:?

Thanks! :D

In Jan. we stayed at the La Quinta in Cocoa. It's right on the beach. Luckily we have a direct flight out of Burlington to Orlando so it makes it easier to fly. Its one of the few flights that actually come in the night before and is very seldom cancelled because of weather.

I have stayed at The Radisson Resort at the Port and am booked in there for my Jan cruise. They offer transportation to the port for $4 pp and have a lovely little place on site to have breakfast.

We stayed at the Country Inns and Suites in PC. It was pretty much all cruise passengers staying there. There's a group of hotels and restaurants, shops right along that stretch, only a mile or so to the cruise ship docks. We had the stay one night and park for a week package. Thought it was very nice and in the middle price range. They had a shuttle running to the cruise terminal.

We stayed at a egno lodge in coca beach the night b4 the cruise.. Okay hotel got the job done.. You can leave you car there for free and they shuttle you to the cruise terminal and also pick you up.. We did go to the raddison To meet witha few CC memeber b4 our cruise and it was a lovely hotel.. Had all the bells and whistles! Sorda didnt wanna leave and go back to our hotel :(

did Radisson last December it was okay...but the shuttle to the port was chaotic and disorganized and also we were so far in the back of the hotel--its an older place but the room was very NICE but there were problems with the elevators in the morn-only 1 was running so it was hard to check out and get to the shuttle area which as i mentioned was chaotic, so we decided to TRY something else this December and are booked at the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach with their Fly-Snooze and Cruise pkg--one way which is perfect for us!

Just a little FYI Port Canaveral is where the ships are and has no hotels. They are in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. I am a fan of the La Quinta oceanfront. Its location is great next to the Cocoa Beach pier with a grocery store across the street.

We're staying at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach in Dec. It looks pretty decent. I'm not sure if there is a shuttle from the hotel to the port, but we just decided to park at the port and it's like 3 miles from the port. Plus, if you have AAA, you get a discount, so it worked out for us.

We're staying at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach in Dec. It looks pretty decent. I'm not sure if there is a shuttle from the hotel to the port, but we just decided to park at the port and it's like 3 miles from the port. Plus, if you have AAA, you get a discount, so it worked out for us.

BW good choice but parking at the port is $15 a day. On your way there is Radisson parking for $6.99 a day with free shuttle.

Just a little FYI Port Canaveral is where the ships are and has no hotels. They are in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. I am a fan of the La Quinta oceanfront. Its location is great next to the Cocoa Beach pier with a grocery store across the street.

Preston - LQ at $149 vs Comfort Inn & Suites at $89. Is it $60 better? We are getting in around noon, so we may be looking at something more than "Just somewhere to lay our head". We also will have a rental car.

Hampton inn cocoa beach has the same snooze and cruise deal, you can park there or if you fly in the shuttle co picks you up brings you to hotel and takes you to pier the next day, and one way to airport from peir when you return...all for around $200.00 hotel tranprot and breakfast.

we are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach in August.

We are booked there for Sept so maybe you can report back the hotel was and their package worked out when you get home? We were told we would be getting room, parking, breakfast and shuttle to pier both ways.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Residence Inn by Marriott. It's relatively new, gets consistantly good reviews, all-suite, full breakfast included, friendly staff, etc.

The only newer hotel in the area is Country Inn and Suites, which is one block closer to the port.

We are booked there for Sept so maybe you can report back the hotel was and their package worked out when you get home? We were told we would be getting room, parking, breakfast and shuttle to pier both ways.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I will try to remember to report back. We won't be using the parking or the shuttle though. We will have a rental car and have Budget take us to the pier.

I will try to remember to report back. We won't be using the parking or the shuttle though. We will have a rental car and have Budget take us to the pier.

Thanks, any report about how the service was and condition of the property would still be good for those of us who have yet to stay there would be great. Again, hope you have safe travels and a wonderful cruise.

The Wakulla Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach is fantastic. Easy to find with a short walk to beach. Great Amenities and the most friendly staff you'll ever meet. Its on A1A and close to everything. Check them out online.

We are on the SUN in Feb and will be driving from Upstate N Y. We decided it is better to drive than chance the rail or planes with our favorite weather feature SNOW.

Driving to Fl is no issue as we go to Daytona Beach yearly, but we plan to go to PC on Friday night, just so we know we are there and can relax. While not looking for high end, a good hotel would be nice, restaurant, pool etc. I have seen pleople mention the Radisson, any others:?

Thanks! :D

we stayed at the Cocoa Beach Hilton ( pre and post cruise )

free parking --spacious rooms !

The reason that you have seen the Radisson mentiond is that is the best deal around. For about the same price as most hotels in the area the Radisson includes a breakfast buffet, free parking druing the cruise, and their own shuttle to take you to the port and pick you up...all included in the price of your room.

In addition, the Radisson is a really beautiful resort hotel, with sleep number beds, and other great amenities.

Every time I have cruised from Port Canaveral we have stayed there and have never been disappointed.

The Wakulla Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach is fantastic. Easy to find with a short walk to beach. Great Amenities and the most friendly staff you'll ever meet. Its on A1A and close to everything. Check them out online.

Test

Archived