Navigator Getting On Board

We are going in July as a familY,our flight is coming into Miami the day of at 1230pm. Is is hard to get a taxi to the pier or should we arrange for the cruise line transfers. Will it be a rush do ya think....RACHEL01

What time does the ship leave? We are on the Navigator in July also, and the ship leaves at 5:00.....I would think that you would have plenty of time to grab a taxi and get to the pier.

What day are you leaving?

Ollie:)

If you're landing at 12:30, leaving the airport by one, you will be in the terminal by 1:30. The time stated on the cruise documents for Navigator (which we got the other day) to board is 2 (for a 5 o'clock sailaway) so I think you'll be fine. Many people try to arrive early to spend more time on board but you would be in no danger of missing the ship by taxi.

You also won't have to wait at the airport while they try to fill a shuttle so it can leave and won't be held at the airport for a half hour if the terminal gets busy. I've read a number of trip reports where excited folks had to wait at the airport on a bus while some of the folks at the port boarded to avoid congestion. I'd rather be in line at the port than sitting on a bus!

If you're landing at 12:30, leaving the airport by one, you will be in the terminal by 1:30. The time stated on the cruise documents for Navigator (which we got the other day) to board is 2 (for a 5 o'clock sailaway) so I think you'll be fine. Many people try to arrive early to spend more time on board but you would be in no danger of missing the ship by taxi.

Schplinky, all of us on this board realize that your future cruise will be your first cruise. This Cruise Critic Thread documents why they are not really "fine" flying in the day off. July is Hurricane Season, Monsoon Season, and Summer break -- lots of things can happen.

RACHE01, again I suggest changing your plans and flying in the day before.

Hope this helps and good luck to you :D :D

###

Flying in on the day of your cruise is NEVER a good idea!!! There are just too many things that can go wrong with flying today. Flights are frequently late, connections missed, baggage delayed, there can be weather problems ANY time of year that mess things up all over the country... If you fly in at least a day ahead of time you can arrive at the pier early and get on the ship well rested and be able to fully enjoy that first day onboard.

Having said all that, yes, there are always plenty of taxis available at MIA.

Schplinky, all of us on this board realize that your future cruise will be your first cruise. This Cruise Critic Thread documents why they are not really "fine" flying in the day off. July is Hurricane Season, Monsoon Season, and Summer break -- lots of things can happen.

QUOTE]

Thanks for the slap. While I'm sure that my answer doesn't count for as much as yours, I still feel free to contribute.

The poster said she would be arriving at 12:30 and I wass simply trying to tell her that if she did, she would have no problem getting to the ship on time. Her questions was whether there are enough cabs and shuttles, which I answered.

We are arriving the day before but I presume that for some reason, the OP has chosen not to do that. It is not within everyone's means, either time or money-wise, to fly in the day before. Had she asked whether I thought flying in the day before was a better idea, I would have answered that question. She didn't.

Although it's a good idea to get there a day before, there are many, many people who arrive the same day and have no problems. My luck is not so good.

I know what you mean! We're not going until late April and we're still afraid of being snowed in or delayed. Snow in late April is incredibly rare here and would never be enough to delay flights but we're still going the day before. I thinkt hat if you can swing it, it's a great idea. Our flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. so that means we have to be up by 4. Oy!

We did the same day thing on the first cruise. We ended up staying awake for 38 hours straight (partly because we live in the middle of nowhere to begin with). So, now we always try to do the day before, so that we are not tired/fatigued on the first day.

We did the same day thing on the first cruise. We ended up staying awake for 38 hours straight (partly because we live in the middle of nowhere to begin with). So, now we always try to do the day before, so that we are not tired/fatigued on the first day.

Hey Bert, where do you live? My partner is from Timmins.

[quote name=Schplinky

Thanks for the slap. While I'm sure that my answer doesn't count for as much as yours' date=' I still feel free to contribute.

[/quote]

Schplinky, seriously I didn't mean to be harsh, if you took it that way, I'm sorry. And yes, "most" of us do know that is your first cruise (you told us), so I feel pretty comfortable with my comment.

I just wanted the OP to read some of the other poster's responses and experiences. We too traveled the day of for our first cruise, our experience wasn't pleasant, and we were so exhausted that we didn't even enjoy the first day/evening.

Your excitment is contagious :D :D Cannot wait to hear all about you and your partners cruise!!

###

Archived