Are you cruising on the Dream soon and eating at Palo?

ducklite

If so, would you be willing to find out two things for me?

1. Do they have Riedel stemware and decanters?

2. Do they have 2004 Antinori Tignanello Toscana IGT on their wine list?

I had a bottle of that given to me last Christmas and am thinking about bringing it for our dinner at Palo, but if they don't offer the appropriate stemware and decanters for it, I'll leave it home. (Or bring my own stemware as well :D )

I also don't want to bring it if it's on their wine list (obviously) which is why I wanted to know about that.

If so, would you be willing to find out two things for me?

1. Do they have Riedel stemware and decanters?

2. Do they have 2004 Antinori Tignanello Toscana IGT on their wine list?

I had a bottle of that given to me last Christmas and am thinking about bringing it for our dinner at Palo, but if they don't offer the appropriate stemware and decanters for it, I'll leave it home. (Or bring my own stemware as well :D )

I also don't want to bring it if it's on their wine list (obviously) which is why I wanted to know about that.

If you're worried about umm.. inferior or improper crystal tainting the taste of your special bottle of wine, take into account that you will also be in a salt air environment which may affect taste as well.

If its that much of a special bottle to you, dont bring it. Just go and enjoy the best they have.

I'd hate to see someone talk about how a cruise was ruined because they only had Baccarat or Libby and not Reidel for their wine glass and they want a full refund.

This MIGHT be a good question for your TA or DCL rep.

And I have to agree with Declansdad. Maybe not what you asked but the way you asked.

Like I said, this board is all about asking questions, which I did and will continue to do. You have no specific answer to my questions, so please go find another thread to be non-constructive on.

MY clarification question is this. Is the proper SHAPE glass the important factor or the BRAND of the glass? It its the shape, then the question makes a lot more sense.

While I cant find an answer on BRAND of stemware, a look at the place settings indicated they should be able to present the correct SHAPE.

Palo-table-with-view-500x333.jpg

Palo-roses-300x449.jpg

I'd seriously recommend contacting DCL themselves. As most stemware is only labeled with a small removable sticker (which will have been removed by now) or a very unobtrusive etched initial, many people may not have noticed.

Enjoy your cruise however you end up with your wine question.

MY clarification question is this. Is the proper SHAPE glass the important factor or the BRAND of the glass? It its the shape, then the question makes a lot more sense.

It's both to a degree. As far as the brand, it doesn't have to be Riedel as long as it's something comparable. As I stated earlier, I said Riedel only because I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that because they use that in Remy, they would also offer it in Palo. Libby (or similar) barware might have a "red" or a "white" bowl, but they still don't optimize or enhance the aromas of the wine.

While I cant find an answer on BRAND of stemware, a look at the place settings indicated they should be able to present the correct SHAPE.

Palo-table-with-view-500x333.jpg

Palo-roses-300x449.jpg

I'd seriously recommend contacting DCL themselves. As most stemware is only labeled with a small removable sticker (which will have been removed by now) or a very unobtrusive etched initial, many people may not have noticed.

Enjoy your cruise however you end up with your wine question.

Thank you, those photos are very helpful. They actually look more like Spiegelau which is fine--Riedel/Spiegelau is a chicken/egg type of thing. Riedel is just easier to spell ;) Either way, I can tell that they are good quality and varietal specific, so my question about the stemware is answered. I'm going to assume (hopefully correctly) that as long as they have quality stemware they will also offer a decanter. Thank you again.

Archived