Kid's programs

ticman

I can only speak of experience with our granddaughter in Schockwaves program. She has loved it for the past 4 cruises! At first hesitant of making friends and asked we pick her up in an hour. When we got there, she thought we were crazy to ask her to leave!!! Found staff great, low ratio of staff to child, activities were varied and kept interest always. She left for 2 hr lunch and counted the minutes to return. I do believe the younger kids had the option of someone staying with them. I remember hearing you are given a pager when the younger ones want you it can be transmitted. We felt very confident after the orientation meeting that all emergencies would be handled very aptly. Never left her on shore days but she absoulutly lived there on sea days and nights. Hopes this helps.

We have taken our grandchildren on two Princess cruises. Once when they were 5 and 8 (Eastern Caribbean) and once when they were 8 and 11 (Alaska). They loved the kids programs both when there were lots of kids on board (Caribbean) and when there was only 5 children aboard. There was of course more personal attention the second time. The activities included arts and crafts, talent show, music and dance, science, games,and other things I can't remember. They wanted to be there the whole time the area was open. They are both extroverts and your experience may differ if the kids are shy. On sea days the kids area is open from 9 AM to noon, 2 PM to 5 PM and from 7 to 10 PM with no charge. After 10 PM babysitting is available at the kids center for a charge but I don't know how much as we didn't use the service. A night or two they also offer to take the kids to the buffet for dinner but ours eat with us in the dining room so I can't comment on that either.

My preception and experience is that Princess does a good job as any other ship I've been on. Of course Disney is the best :D

Some of how good the experience depends on your kids. My daughter has loved it, my middle son not so much. My older one started not liking and loves it tons now.

Taking 4grandkids on carribean princess end of July. Ages 4,6,10, & 12

Would love some comments on type, quality etc or kids program.

Thanks

We just got back from CBP 6/11 New England itinerary...

We have 3 kids who are in each of the age groups... 6 yr old (public school and very shy), 9 yr old (homeschooled and scopes things out for days usually, 15 yr old (homeschooled and very nervous about finding a group to associate with)...

THE KEY - be sure the kids attend the first session (which I think was the first night and all icebreaker games).... We had a talk with our kids and just told them for ONE NIGHT - put themselves out there and introdice themselves to all the kids and act like they are in a play...

They ALL LOVED their groups for the week. My 9 yr old has been VERY teary since we are home because she really clicked with another little girl her age 1,000 miles from us..:) Both girls have been crying but we are trying to keep them connected through email and phone. The only bad thing about this Shockwaves group was that they ask you if your kid can sign themselves in and out. (most kids do)... I should have specified IN yes - but Out -NO... once she and her friend hooked up there were two occasions neither sets of parents knew where the kids were even though they had walkie talkies with them - NERVE WRACKING!!!

The little one - LOVED the Pelican group and we loved having a beeper on us to know when he needed us. - BE SURE to ask the staff to put it on silent if you plan to attend any shows. Also get the phone # for the Pelican room in case you need to call from a ship phone in the hallways.

Our oldest LOVED the teen Remix group! The kids have even created a Facebook private group now to keep in touch. They are scattered all over the US and each day my daughter is missing the fun she had. I think she truly enjoyed the freedom to stay out until 1AM :) :) :)

Remember the Kids' Club staffers do not share in the onboard tipping...so they were very grateful for any tips and notes of appreciation received.

We adults actually had stiff competition with the kids clubs schedules...they just made it too much fun!!! :) Our 9 yr old was floating after winning the talent show for her group :)

Archived