If you book a Carnival excursion...CAREFUL!!

JHCALLAHAN

Good post. Wish there was a "like" button. I don't care who it is, even the most experienced cruisers can have a mishap. NO ONE is perfect.

Very true! We all make simple mistakes...I appreciate the time the OP took to post this mishap. I will be extra careful reading the information next time. Glad it worked out for ya! Thanks again!!

OP: Good heads up. None of us are too experienced that we cannot learn something new and sometimes a reminder can keep all of us out of trouble. Of course the arrogant few here will always have something negative to say about any post.

That is awesome that they were able to give you a later tour, we all loved the stingrays in GC, have done that twice and this Oct will be 3 times :) We booked through a private company and not Carnival, but it was really great that they were able to help you out.

Did they send you on another stingray excursion or something else?

Yes, it turned out to be one of those "blessings in disguise" sort of things. Our original excursion was Stingray City followed by Rum Point. This one was SC, Hell, and the Turtle Farm. As it turned out my buddy's teenage son LOVES turtles, and it turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip! My buddy lamented "Wish we had more time to spend there." I told him "Welcome to cruising!"

This was a Christmas gift to my buddy and his family and their first cruise, and of course I wanted everything to be perfect, and as often happens it didn't turn out that way. We got rained on in every port, but at least not RAINED OUT (as on our two previous trips to Cayman). I was heartsick when I discovered we had literally "missed the boat". My buddy had mentioned several times how that was the excursion they were most anticipating. :( Yes, it worked out very well in the end.

As far as the negative posters, I pay them little mind. Barking dogs don't phase me (as long as they're tied up or fenced in where they can't bite me.:D)

I'm the type of traveler who makes sure all the t's are crossed, and the i's dotted. My buddy travels constantly across the country on business and isn't a greenhorn either. Neither of us caught our error. We just screwed up (although I still think the tickets could be simplified) and hopefully I can help someone else avoid our error. I tip my hat again to Carnival for facilitating a happy ending.

Fair winds,

JHC

Archived